Elektron Syntakt Trademark Speculations [closed]

Probably waiting for the Nintendo Direct to end first.

4 Likes

No thatā€™s true customer care: No one has to spend their money :wink:

1 Like

Besides full on dedicated FM synthesis, what features do people think Syntakt will be missing that Digitone has? Say Syntakt has physical modeling, wavetable, va (likely including frequency modulation) and its the same price point, wouldnt fewer people buy digitone- since it has only one synthesis type and potentially otherwise the same features? This leads me to think that Syntakt will either be much pricier than DN, or simplified in significant ways compared to DN. I feel like a higher price point and no skimping on features would be preferable, and probably likely since there is a clamoring for an all out classic Elektron synth groovebox in digi format

Thatā€™s already been done: Model:Cycles. And with Ess out of the Elektron picture, I canā€™t see them doing anything FM. But like you said, lots of other forms of synthesis are available, more than a few of which are suitable for Takt (I.e., drums and rhythms). Regardless, I donā€™t think itā€™ll crossover with Digitone in any way. Elektron are very good at not cannibalising their own products. They always make it so you could potentially have them all!

I heard heā€™s been replaced by Tee.

Thatā€™s why you wonā€™t see any device getting a MIDI Arp and 3 LFOā€™s outside the OT.

1 Like

Iā€™d love to see a bit of a hybrid box.

say multitrack polysynth vibes but with sample engines in there to choose from too for breakbeats / drums / resampling or whatnot. would be a nice thing to have and to hold. :blush::heart:

3 Likes

Do you have any guesses as to what notable DN features could be missing from the Syntakt? In my mind DN is going to be a tough sell after a multi-synthesis type Syntakt unless someone loves FM, or thereā€™s some serious features missing, such as external sequencing, or Syntakt is significantly more expensive

Hereā€™s the rub, the Digitone is too good at what it does. Itā€™s ultimately a Subtractive synth with 4-OP Fm as oscillators with all the trappings of the Elektron groovebox workflow.

Syntakt -> is probably going to be rhythm-oriented takt means rate in Swedish.

I feel like itā€™s going to be something like the Nord Drum 2/3p meets Digitakt.

2 Likes

omg, you basically just wrote a post that sums up my negative world view :slight_smile:

It could be an LFO device.

2 Likes

that would be a huuuuge let down lol.

Diddy = DD = digital drum, the tiny ā€œwannabeā€ MD

I think itā€™s going to be percussion focused. Just like how you canā€™t really do all that much with Rytmā€™s engines melodically speaking, this one wouldnā€™t touch DN for melody/harmony. On a side note, I used DN as a drum machine mainly when it had it :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Then I guess it is the hypothetical Syntone that would have way too much overlap with DN while going too far beyond to sell them the same price

1 Like

Basically. Syntone is the digitone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, if it is a drum machine, a partner synth would make a lot of sense given Elektronā€™s history. But who knows. Maybe this will be some flagship stuff that will see the Analogs discontinued at some point. Your guess is as good mine :slight_smile:

1 Like

Repeat that thought for another 2,200+ posts ā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

I think there will be no teaser or announcement in February, it is too close to the last week announcement

I am thinking March or 22222

3 Likes

if itā€™s just a drum machine it wonā€™t sell enoughā€¦ they gotta put food on the table

2 Likes

on the bright side it seems most synth manufacturers are too principled to consider the idea. seeing what the videogame industry has been up to made me pessimistic for a bit, but the backlash to most NFT announcements has been lovely.

I couldnā€™t guess what Elektron has planned for their next box. hopefully something fresh to fill the gap left by soaring Mnm & MD prices :money_with_wings:

2 Likes