Elektron Syntakt Trademark Speculations [closed]

Everyone laughed when the brought out a sampler when noone wanted a sampler.

Then they laughed when they brought out an FM synth when noone wanted an FM synth.

They’ll be laughing on the other side of their faces when I’m faxing all my correspondence via my shiny new Syntakt Fax Machine.

59 Likes

The category is now General Discussion. We can find a better topic later if need be.

The product may or may not be real. The recent trademark IS FOR REAL.

3 Likes

What’s digital about the Digitakt that could now use 'synt’hesis in the Syntakt? I mean, if the Digitakt is kind of a scaled down Octatrack (not sure if that’s right), then is it likely this is could be a scaled down Analog Rytm?

4 Likes

The description on the trademark page says:

Musikinstrument; elektriska apparater för syntetisering av musik (musikinstrument); ljudeffektmaskiner som är musikinstrument; mekaniska, elektriska och elektroniska musikinstrument; musikinstrument styrda av mikroprocessorer.

Which Google translates to:

Musical instrument; electrical apparatus for synthesizing music (musical instruments); sound effects machines which are musical instruments; mechanical, electrical and electronic musical instruments; musical instruments controlled by microprocessors.

Improvement on the translation by a native speaker are requested.

It’s an 8-channel vocoder and human voice generator, name is a play on syntax.

5 Likes

8 x channel synth based groove box. (some synth, some drum machine engines???)
arp’s on each internal channel.- taken from digitone.
multiple synth types (each mono)
ability to assign channels (similar to digitone)
overbridge compatible.
8 x midi
multiple filters.
2 x lfo per track.
delay, reverb, combressor.
basically digitakt but with synth types… not samples… same box format.
external audio can pass through FX in stereo .
comes with less firmware issues than digitakt and digitone as its mostly based on them.

12 Likes

Ah, another thread where everyone writes what he wants to see.

Me too…

Digitakt / Digitone Hybrid with 16 tracks, thank you.

15 Likes

As per a certain long-running thread elsewhere on forthcoming synths, I think it can only possibly be a kazoo, but with p-locks.

17 Likes

I hope this is a hardware module that pairs GPT-3-on-a-chip with a 128-voice VO-6-derived vocal synth.

1 Like

Analtakt probably got rejected by the Trademark office on grounds of common decency.
This has got to be analog, cos it’s clearly not Digi-!

18 Likes

Oh god I’m so excited.

4 Likes

it’s a small 3d printer that spits out cowbells

13 Likes

It’ll have those melting rubber coated buttons. a dying Oled screen, and LEDs that burn your retinas.

Elektron, do better! No more melty dying far too brightness!

Of course, with takt meaning drum, its probably a synthy drum thing, in the digi box format.

6 track physical modelling drum synth?
(With awful melting buttons etc)

Probably

6 Likes

Of course it might also be the new $299 Syntakt card for the Digitakt
A simple click in pcb with juicy chips, analog oscs and filters for the midi tracks, to fill up the massive void inside the Digitakt case where some of us have put li-ion batteries …

15 Likes

What is known so far is that it’s an intended electronic musical product, with a current designation of Syntakt.

2 Likes

He really did join lines…

One of us… one of us…

8 Likes

Not sure this is even worth adding to the discussion, but the other morning on the synthesizer subr*ddit, there was a text post titled something like “Elektron Files New TM” and the body of the post was just “SYNTAKT”.

The user was brand new, and I searched here and on google and nothing popped up anywhere else, so I reported it*. However, with Superbooth approaching and the Models getting a (temporary?) price cut, I’m wondering if there was some grain of truth to that post.

*It looks to have been removed. I feel like a NARC, but I’ve admittedly started doing this a lot since that sub has grown in membership and somehow become riddled with even more low-effort posts that in the past.

4 Likes

That is a nice name though. Somebody did some thinking to come up with it on their own if they did.

If it did come from Elektron, it seems to relate to the Digitakt somehow. A Digitakt Keys ?
That almost might make sense.

I’m thinking in the same form as the Digitone Keys.

2 Likes

Ooh good find. Doesn’t the work takt mean drum or beat or something close to that? If so, I’m guessing that it would be a digital drum synth.

2 Likes