Elektron's US Support Slow/Sucks

Move to Sweden. Its a nice place.

6 Likes

Just dealt with the support in sweden. I am from germany. I have nothing but praise. Fast and friendly and I believe they fixed more or lets say refreshed more than they needed to. I am very satisfied. Just got an Analog Four mk2 and to be honest, the 3 years warranty directly from elektron played a part in the descision to keep it. They are expensive but when you know they have you covered in case something breaks its really a good feeling. Cannot speak for the us support of course.

Don’t take this badly, but let it be a lesson to buy from a reputable retailer next time and always immediately go back to them.

Reputable retailers would instant swap faulty units within 30 days. No questions asked!
And after that, you still go back through them, so they can deal with it, since they have much better direct communication channels to these repair/tech support shops.

Like it or not, big reputable retailers are also often prioritized with repairs!

I have learned a few hard lessons myself over the years and from now on I always buy my gear from shops that have excellent return policies and good feedback on support.

Just my 2 cents.

6 Likes

Good to know the benefits of that approach.

It was purchased from a reputable dealer, but I reached out to Elektron directly as it had been about 10 weeks since I purchased the Heat and when Elektron confirmed the issue and I asked next steps (including returning to the retailer) they said to send it to them directly.

Thanks for the tip though.

Still no response back from Elektron US. Another week almost gone. :unamused:

I had good experiences with support and shipping repairing units

Same here, good experiences directly with overhaul, hardware upgrading and even a repair via a retailer. All within Europe.

The new online ticket form is a huge step back from what came before IMO. No longer can you see any information regarding your support ticket history, and there’s no view of current open tickets at all.

I’m waiting on a repair (in the US) that I shipped in before Christmas. Zero communication beyond “we received it” over 5 weeks ago.

1 Like

I’m also waiting on a repair from the US workshop that I sent in December. At the time, all the communication from Elektron warned me that there would be a 4-6 week lead time before starting the repair.

1 Like

OK - at least you got a heads up on time frame. Had I gotten that, I probably wouldn’t even have wrote this post. Simple communication goes a long way.

4 Likes

That’s pretty fair.

Good luck on your repair.

I reckon Elektron closing for the holidays probably built up a back log that they might still be working through.

I hope your repairs are done soon!

Hi. I’ve filed a few tickets in the past and support was superb all around. Among the best I’ve ever experienced.

Had to file one last month and it took awhile to get the initial reply, and then was not solved & left open-ended.

I’m glad this is a known-issue and acknowledged by the support team @ Elektron. Hopefully they can enact some changes and get their customer support back up to their previous level.

2 Likes

Here’s an update on my issue.

After 2 weeks of no response from Elektron USA I decided to reach out to HQ in hope someone there would help course correct. And indeed they did, I got prompt answers and a promise that it would be fixed and returned rapidly.

2 weeks later (this week) my Analog Heat MKII was returned - great! Except not, the problem it was sent in for has not been fixed. It looks like it was just sent back.

Argh. I give up. For those interested in the problem (and videos of the problem in action) you can go here: Parameters changing/setting to zero after startup

I don’t know, maybe you have a AH MKII and can confirm if this is a software bug or not. I’m convinced it is, but Elektron thought not and hence why I’ve been given this runaround.

if I’m understanding this correctly, a (couple to few) previous settings are reset after power reboot.
but you can load your previous saved state to the correct settings after that rite?
if so that’s not much of an issue.

save before powering off > load previous save when powering back on.

i would hold onto it. seems fixable in an update, plus having to load a saved preset in the meantime isn’t that troublesome at all.

don’t let that minor issue discourage you.
I’m sure Elektron loses out by returning it, when keeping it all you have to do is a simple > load preset > to solve the issue.
not much of a hassle to me.

1 Like

My A4 repair took 2-3 weeks door to door.

If it’s not working properly and it has warranty it should be fixed or replaced…
I Think just putting up with it is not a good solution

2 Likes

In some situations perhaps, but I don’t see this issue hindering my* experience.

if all I have to do is load my previously saved preset, it’s something I can deal with until/if an update fix rolls out.

not saying they shouldn’t neglect issues either, but me personally* & this specific* issue wouldn’t be enough to warrant a return.

Is this a problem on all analog heat mk2 ? Or only his specific unit?
If it’s a known bug on all units I imagine an update would be coming to fix it…

If it’s only his specific unit there is a problem with it and he should get it fixed through warranty or get it replaced

1 Like

to each is own.

he can do whatever he wants.

I’m stating if my device had this issue.
I’d rather be stress-free, not clinging onto emails everyday, being without a heat, talking foul on the boards when I can just load my previously saved preset which takes what…a couple seconds, and be done with it.

cool , yes of course he can do whatever he wants.
but if i was to buy something and it didn’t work properly or had a fault,
i would return it immediately not just put up with it.
Im not having a go at Elektron sometimes there are problems with things you buy.

one of the great things about elektron gear is when you switch it on it is where you left it.
sounds pretty annoying to me

1 Like

I’ve been impressed with elektron support.

I went through a long phase of my OT mk1 having occasional audio issues. I eventually sent it in, and as would be the case for me from time to time, the error didn’t show up. Elektron sent it back. Problem recurred, sent it back in again.
Long story short, outside of warranty as this process took so long, elektron eventually provided me with a new Mk1 (maybe the last ever unit as Mk2 had been launched).

Still, it was a good approach as I got a new machine and it was 3.5 years post purchase and they acknowledged the error was long standing but erratic.

On several other minor matters they have been very helpful and courteous, so based on my experience I still see their support standard as very high.

I’d be more critical of their selection of components from time to time (RYTM 1 LCD for example) for machines we buy to last for decades, but that is a design dept issue not support.