Elektron Studios Berlin

…sorry, it’s no shop with trading hours…nothing to buy there…only to see and hear and touch…from time to time…

1 Like

That’s what I was looking forward too. Could see a MD through the window which I’ve never played before.

Sounds like a waste of space. It sure does dominate my Instagram feed a lot. I guess they have nothing else to post about except sound packs.

They should have the Elektron Studios Berlin as a seperate Instagram page since for the 99% of the world how doesn’t live near Berlin, there constant event postings are useless.

… unless there was some broadcasting of the event. Or at least some video of the event!
@boboter, you once said everything had been recorded during May session…

Did you get some further info on this? @Dataline? Are there any plans to release the videos that were shot at Elektron Studios Berlin?

1 Like

Yes, everything was recorded. But that is all I know. Sorry.

It would be great if they released video. There was an Elektron / Bitwig event a while back that I’d love to see, alas …

…i will step on cenks food this friday, to make sure for 2020 all upcoming events can be found in future, if not as live feeds, at least as some utube review clips…promise…

have a nice x mas and happy new year, dear elektronauts bunch…
the new decade is waiting for all of us…

2 Likes

…so…would’nt call it “official”…
but from next year on, for the new decade to come, pretty much all local events at elektron studios berlin will go global in one way or the other…

…did’nt win anything on jule…model:samples plus bag n stuff was first price…overhubs n stuff where also prices to catch…got even the button numbered 1, while i showed up pretty late…did’nt help though…poor me…

…ess did a great full set with just the tone…
…while the swedish toffee candees where amazing…
goodbye 2019…u where a struggle year…
2020…i got high hopes on u…

2 Likes

Hey there fellow Elektron machine lovers,
I was wondering if anyone here could tell me if Elektron Studios Berlin is still open/still there?

Planning a short trip to visit SB Berlin and wanted to do some additional window shopping @elektron studios and schneiders laden to check them off of my bucketlist

Cheers :wink:

I think they closed some time ago. Victim of Covid-19 and possibly some strategic/business changes within Elektron?

2 Likes

Aha, yes i was afraid so
google showed ‘permanently closed’…
a bit of a shame, but indeed a logical move due to the unfortunate covid pandemic and cost-wise (rent will not have been cheap)

Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

As an alternative you could check to see if Moog Music Berlin HQ has any events during SB. They will be open to public visits, except i think they need the pandemic to lift.

1 Like

thanks.

As far as the pandemic, or Covid regulations: i’ve read one is only to wear a mask in public transport (and therefore not getting possibly fined for max €500,-)

As well as to try keeping ‘social distance’ in a tough crowd. Not mandatory but as a token of respect towards one another (when in a close gathering) It is sort of appreciated, reading the SB guidelines.

Sure thing, any suggestions are most welcome (nice bars, stuff to see, visit, live music…)

I’ll keep it mind, cheers!

i’ve lived in Berlin until 2017 and so I don’t know much how things evolved in these years, I was in Friedrichshain most of my days there but now many of the spots I was used to go closed or changed management, however you could check for Echtzeitmusik website where there are scheduled many concerts of experimental/jazz/Electronics around Berlin, I highly recommend to see any event scheduled at Ausland if there are any…

EDIT: also check West Germany for concerts

1 Like

Hey there, thanks for your suggestions, i’ll be shure to check them out :wink:

1 Like