Elektron sample packs from other gear on digitakt?

I really dig the sounds from the Radical Bits soundpack for the analog rytm… It says it comes with samples, does anyone know if the download would easily just let me drag and drop the folder of samples into the digitakt?

If they’re wav files they’ll be fine
Remember to change the directory setting at the bottom of the transfer window

And maybe shorten the names

Mine is full of samples from mars packs.

I noticed a lot of the Rytm and A4 stuff is just sysex files without wavs. at least the free packs, which is what kept me from buying those packs, that I really wanted.

They’re .wav files. I don’t believe there are any free sample packs for the RYTM- only patch packs.

And A4 doesn’t play samples

1 Like

Also if you’re interested, there was some discussion of this here a couple weeks back:

New Blood, Drum Enthusiast (which works on the DT) for the Rytm are free.

And I guess for a4 stuff I’d have to fins someone who sampled various one shots etc no?

2 Likes

“Drum Enthusiast” is only free sample with wavs. They work pretty well though imo!

Sampling from A4/AK or Octatrack is a really good idea too.

Oh, cool thanks for the tip! I’m guessing none of the packs made for other machines will have single cycle wave forms but I already have 1000s of those on my digitakt :dizzy_face: I need to organize them better thats for sure and a easier way to demo that style of wave form would sure be nice. I bet we will see some awesome single cycle ones released in sound packs made specially for digitakt down the line.

Forgot about Drum enthusiast

Some are close to single cycle, or could be used like that, they’e all pretty tight. It’s all up to whether you prefer bigger samples with a range of choices, or ones like in “Drum Enthuasist” – many short tight samples.

thats what I was wondering. My OT packs work, but im looking for the more frugal priced ones cough cough the 10$ ones and would love to know if they work. I may have to bite the bullet and be the guinea pig

Seems totally legit to contact Elektron Support. That’s part of why we pay a little more for the box, for the support. They ought to be able to list the RYTM Sound Packs with wavs. For everyone with a RYTM too they’d do double duty.

I’m still thinking about using samples on the RYTM and triggering them with midi from the Digitakt, I don’t know if it really would work musically with 16 p-lockable sample voices, but it would be fun to try.

I just found out that Native Instruments is offering a free thirty second taster for their “Kinetic Toys” package for Kontakt by sound designer Jeremiah Savage. The sounds are really awesome, imo. Thirty wav files in total in the free sampler. There are 13 pitched one shots, that should be great to loop and vary the start time.

Here’s the link to the download:
https://www.native-instruments.com/fileadmin/ni_media/downloads/Sounds_from_KINETIC_TOYS_neu.zip

There are 650 sounds and 3.5 GB in the full package which goes for $150.

[I have nothing to do with Native Instruments, and no financial interest from this post.]

2 Likes

But if it’s a Kontakt library you won’t get 3.5gb WAV files, you will be getting locked nki, nkc and nkr that only can be used in Kontakt. Or are you talking about sampling Kontakt?

2 Likes

Thanks LarsErik. Good to know! I’ve never used a Kontakt library – the free sampler is all wav files though.

Now that i’m using my Digitakt i’m listening to every sound around me thinking what it would be as a sample.

I asked Elektron support about RYTM Sound Packs that have wav files with them. They got back to me pronto, i like Elektron support. Here’s what i was told:

Most of the time it’s listed on the sound pack page, but I just noticed that that’s not the case for all packs. At the moment, all Rytm sound packs except for Synthetics and New Blood, contain samples that can also be used with Digitakt.

So there you have it. There’s so many good ones, “Dälek Soundscapes”, “Total Tabla” , “Reshaped Harmonics”, and “Junkyard” sound good. “SID Redux” does too. Hmmm?

2 Likes

Now all we need is a good samaritan haha

1 Like

Yea I wish they has a list of the sample names haha… its hard to know what part is sample and what part is not at times in the demo songs.

1 Like

nevermind

1 Like

I have a RYTM and a Digitakt.

Good to make this clear for everyone, LarsErik.