Elektron Pedalboard concept

Yes definitely!

So I received the Dual Lock.

Man does it stick!
Really snaps in to place when you lock two sides of tape together.

I tried to take the A4 off and abandoned, I think I need a crowbar for that.
I only put about 7 inch total of Dual Lock :neutral_face:

I got my connectors so its cabling time!

I was initialy aware that angled connectors would not work perfectly with stereo pedals and I would have to make holes on the top plate. The will allow for the pedal to lay flat on the surface and offer some cable management.

From my DIY days I had laying around a 15/16 Greenlee punch. It’s the exact dimension for a XLR chassis connector. The advantage is it makes a perfect clean hole (unlike those dirty multibits), and the connector can be fed through.

Tadam!

Next step is wiring it all together!
Got the OT part done.

1 Like

IT’S AALIVE !!

:rage: :imp: :rage:

that looks nice :slight_smile: i’m sure you’re gonna have some good fun :stuck_out_tongue:

Up to now it’s great fun, so easy to re-route my stuff. :lifter:

Once the patchbay soldering was completed it looked like this.

And now once routed in the board!
Some connectors are unplugged, they are for the pedals or future stuff that goes on the shelf.

4 Likes

Great idea building your own mini patchbay! Enjoying watching this project come together :slight_smile:

Freakin awesome! Heavy as fuck it must be

It’s probably arround 25 pounds.

I want to have a pedal board wich contains only two elektron (AR + A4) + Cables and power supply.

Do you have an idea ?

Something near 75 cm x 30 cm x 10 cm

How about the temple audio or CNB I mentionned above? Not sure you want a case or not?

Yes the CNB PDC-410G seems to be a good candidate!!

Started with idea of using a pedalboard, but ended up here instead. DJ case with added USB, MIDI, and audio outputs.

5 Likes

Where did you get the foam for your case?

I’m pretty sure this is where I ordered. If not, it’s from a site very similar. It was quite a while ago so I’m not 100% certain. I was able to enter all dimensions in s 3d like layout.

1 Like

Thx!