Elektron Octatrack: Track Trigs/Multiplier to Master Length Calculator

Man you a genius! Solved a problem I didn’t even know how to begin to ask :rofl:

Thank you so much for sharing.

1 Like

Yes that would be a brilliant idea

One thing i don’t understand is if i choose 5/4- 5 trigs with 1/4 signature why the master len calculated is 80? Shouldn’t be 40?

1 Like

Nice :slight_smile:
Thank you very much for this tool.
Will be very helpful :pray:

1 Like

Thanks, glad you found it useful.

1 Like

I’ll do some further testing. Could you let me know the exact settings you have used to get that outcome?

Track 1=5 trigs scale measure 1/4x

All other tracks stays to default

I think your calcs assume that you will have always 4 bars= hence 5/4= 5x4x4=80

Because 40 is not a multiple of 16 but 80 is. If you don’t care about other tracks you can set them to off in the calculator. (On its own 5 steps of 1/4 time will give 20 as master length)

2 Likes

@JSZ has the answer I believe: 20 as master length – which is also why there is an option for Off, so only selected track/lengths will be taken into consideration by the calculator.

Great it makes sense now

Thank you

1 Like

No problem. Glad we figured it out. Enjoy using it!

1 Like

Have updated the website/calculator to include the following machines:

This is a work in progress and not fully tested on all machines, so if anybody could give the new calculators a go, I’d appreciate feedback.

Additionally, have added the option of MIDI tracks (for machines which support it) and the OT has a Master Scale parameter (experimental, but seems to work).

10 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

:+1: :+1: from my Analogs! :wink:

1 Like

Have added Syntakt to the calculator

2 Likes

What a great tool, @Kalimari ! I just stumbled upon this thread and wanted to say thank you.

2 Likes

Thanks. Glad you find it useful! :grinning:

2 Likes