Elektron machines stifling my creativity !?

My spam post for OctaEdit…

How dous that work ? I have a AK + A4 and I usually stop one of them, let the other loop on a long chain, load a new project. Hit the stop - button of the looping instrument -, ( there’s allmost allways an FX-fade ) - Hit start and everything’s in sinc.
what’s the difference wth an external midi-clock ? ( downstream restart ? ) :astonished:

[quote="“vos”"]

How dous that work ? I have a AK + A4 and I usually stop one of them, let the other loop on a long chain, load a new project. Hit the stop - button of the looping instrument -, ( there’s allmost allways an FX-fade ) - Hit start and everything’s in sinc.
what’s the difference wth an external midi-clock ? ( downstream restart ? ) :astonished: [/quote]

i’m routing my MD and A4 through the OT, so it doesn’t sound good if i have to stop and restart that to get everything back in sync. i experimented with a method similar to the one you describe, but it got too tricky with lots of devices on the midi chain

a nice bonus with the ERM device is that i can adjust the BPM with a dedicated knob at any time, and it has a nice big LED display too :slight_smile:

and the clock it generates is supposedly tighter than the OT…

what’s the difference wth an external midi-clock ? ( downstream restart ? ) :astonished: [/quote]

i’m routing my MD and A4 through the OT, so it doesn’t sound good if i have to stop and restart that to get everything back in sync. i experimented with a method similar to the one you describe, but it got too tricky with lots of devices on the midi chain

a nice bonus with the ERM device is that i can adjust the BPM with a dedicated knob at any time, and it has a nice big LED display too :slight_smile:

and the clock it generates is supposedly tighter than the OT…[/quote]
Capiche !
I thought you could resync your instruments without stopping them.
I mean – if I keep one running and restart the other - they are ofcourse in sync - but - it won’t be at the exact starting-point. That’s why I have to stop everyting and restart. So the external clock dousn’t solve this ? i f i understood you well ?.. I understand running one tru the other makes thing more complicated.

Thanx for answering :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

it sends a very fast stop/start message at the top of the next bar, so it’s not just in sync, but in time with the first beat of the bar too. very handy indeed!
:wink: