Elektron Machinedrum Remote X.05 is up!

I got the x.07 version working with 1.63 firmware. I used LoopBe30 to create dedicated virtual ports. The 1.57 version crashes Ableton immediately after being loaded on Windows 11, so whatever you did @switchbox to fix it, thank you. Things are mostly working but I’m hesitant to install x.07 to see if the other features (that I don’t necessarily need) work.

Anyway, I wanted to ask why the common parameters such as FLTW, SRR and PAN are given generic names in the parameter automation list? Would it be very difficult to add them? I assumed that they’d have descriptive names since it would be extremely helpful.

I have a tendency to agree with you when first seeing your post. But at the same time would it not be cooler if the m4l developer focused on chromatic, arp and other cool functions that the md doesn’t do/have rather than lock up the midi/sysex stream with things we can already do by hand? Expansion of modes, akin to the MCL philosophy.

@Orwell
I meant the automation parameter name dropdowns in Ableton. Params 9-24 are named like “BD Param 13” instead of “BD Filter Frequency” for example.

@switchbox
To my surprise I tried making a MIDI clip and none of the notes are getting through to the Machinedrum. Only parameter CC’s. Might have to try installing X.07, but I wanted to avoid that. The same clip on another track sending to the Machinedrum via another virtual port works (but of course the automation is gone.)

Has anyone gotten this work fully on Windows?

Update: I installed X.09 on my MD and still can’t send any notes through MD Remote!

would be super awesome to do a port with RNBO so I can use as a plugin in bitwig :black_heart:

Hello y’all!

Edit. I got it running!! I had to refresh the Midi Devices on the main screen and Roland UM- One Popped up!

Bought the patch ytd. Seems to load correctly on Ableton 11 with M1 mac but I cannot seem to get the routing working.

I do not have a TM-1 and I am trying to use the Roland UM-One. Not sure how to set this up since it does not appear on the Patch IN and OUT drop down menu at launch…

Should I just set it on the midi track on ableton and leave those with None or is there another way to get around this?

Thank you