Elektron integration with Ableton Push 2

have got sound, it was my Digitakt, I had the Midi channels turned off, thanks anyway :slight_smile:

Just some feedback the first set of Macros on Track/Trig page are not mapped to CC8, only thing I have come across so far on Digitakt rack

Ah, yes, thanks. I had forgotten to actually map. Duh! Thanks. :slight_smile: Uploading a new file to first post now.

1 Like

Octatrack drumrack added. As well as a Live set where I’ve routed a program change device to all Elektrons, so that if you change the pgm of that one device, all Elektrons will slave to that. Great if you want to save your work and get back to it later without having to manually set all patterns/kits on your Elektrons. :slight_smile: but make sure you set up your midi channels right if you want to use it.

User Name @Accent does this. He probably has a lot of good tips/insight.

1 Like

Nice. Be interesting to hear how he/she’s set it up. :slight_smile: There’s one annoying problem that keeps repeating itself. The Analog Rytm suddenley won’t respond to certain MIDI notes (even though it just did) after turning it off, and back on again. It’s just one of those MIDI-issues, it seems. Can’t for the life of me fix it.

I’m sitting here now with the problem. I have two identical drumracks in Live, identical, but when I press certain pads on one of them, nothing happens. On the other one, every pad works! What the hell.

Edit - I think I’ve narrowed it down to MIDI CC’s being routed a bit weirdly, gonna update some parameters in the drumrack and see if it helps.

User @gbravetti shared some of his work in the past.
You might want to check his thread :
Ableton push tame elektrons!

4 Likes

Thanks for this! :slight_smile: Need to check that out. I’m getting there myself.

For anyone else who might be trying to use this - something is up with the mapping of Rytm. Need to try to just do it again from the beginning, see if it works better. :slight_smile:

I think I’ve fixed the AnalogRytm now. Uploaded the new .adg file to the first post. Putting it here as well. Effects MIDI CC now is on its own channel, I think that was the thing clogging the system.

AnalogRytm.adg (314.9 KB)

I have to say, this project is becoming tiresome. It seems like Elektron boxes simply don’t respond very well to MIDI at all. Every single one of the boxes will just randomly stop responding to MIDI notes on certain channels, so making elaborate compositions on Push, saving, and going back to the project a day later is a massive pain in the ass, as you’ll always be hunting down lost notes. I made the beginning of a track I was incredibly excited by yesterday, only to have it ruined today by my Rytm not responding to MIDI notes - it’s fucking heartbreaking and just … I just want to make music for fuck’s sake, why doesn’t it fucking respond. Argh, so annoying.

Are you sure it’s not the source of the MIDI messages that has the problem?

1 Like

I’m not sure. I can’t for the life of me see why it’s not working. I’m basically sending midi notes to track 1 on MIDI channel 1 (in a drum rack in Ableton Live), midi notes to track 2 on MIDI channel 2 from the drum rack. Sure, the drum rack can be the problem, but exactly how, I don’t know. Whenever I send MIDI from the very same drumrack, not routed to the AR but another MIDI device, it’ll work just fine.

And, it can be working for hours on end, and through many sessions it will work just fine - and then suddenly it won’t. I don’t see the logic.

I’ll try again tomorrow and use regular MIDI tracks in Live instead of a drumrack.

1 Like

Just setting up the individual tracks on regular MIDI channels seem to work just fine (although I’m fully expecting a cock up tomorrow). So let’s see, maybe it’s how drumracks in Live handles MIDI that’s the problem, or maybe I’ve set up the drumracks wrong somehow (if anyone could take a look, I’d much appreciate it). :slight_smile:

i can’t trigger the rytm, please help

If you read the last posts you can see that there are some issues with rytm and in general with using drum racks for trigging the Elektrons. Not sure how I’ve set it up wrong, so anyone who wants to take a look to see what might be wrong is very welcome to do it!

1 Like

oh sorry, i hope it works out soon. Thank you for much for your input!

Hi. I jst set this up and it seems to work okay so far! I am not using usb tho, and it’s nearly 3 yrs later. Did you happen to give up on it or get it going to your liking?

It is a massive amount of midi data, so I imagine it could potentially cause a bit of latency if you try to do too many pattern locks. Again, i’m using midi, not usb. expert sleepers esx8md and not using overbridge either.

This looks like the right place to ask:

For people using the Push with Elektron boxes, what parameters do you map to the Push, and what do you prefer to use direct on the Elektron boxes?

I do everything on the Digitakt itself, just using the push to trigger notes for a more responsive feel. Don’t use it for live performing though.