Elektron B-Stock

Does anyone know who to look at for b-stock in the uk/eu? Think I’ve seen some at Andertons and Thomann - are there any others?

musicstore.de
session.de

1 Like

Bought a B-stock Octatrack from Thomann. Had to replace the “infinite” xfader after 3 months.

I just received mine from Sweetwater (OTmk2 and A4mk2) and aside from some scuffs on the box and one small mark on the underside of the A4, they looked brand new to me, including sealed boxes and screen protectors still intact.

2 Likes

Yep, I got one of the A4 b-stock from there. They’re manufacturer refurbs, which makes me feel a bit better about them. No issues thus far. Sweetwater’s customer service is pretty stellar, as is Elektron’s, in my experience.

4 Likes

Did you claim it under the 3 year Elektron warranty? I have no shame in using a manufacturer’s warranty.

1 Like

I replaced the xfader myself because I couldn’t send the unit to sweden at the time (gigs in the agenda). Elektron was kind enough to send me a new xfader free of charge… however, no more warranty.

1 Like

I hear you. The tip of a patch cable broke and stuck in the CV IN of my AR, with Elektron still waiting for me to send it in.

At that point i’d consider a dremel or some sort of screw extractor.

1 Like

I dremeled a Kensinbotch slot in my Digitakt. :yum:

I had this with my octatrack.
In desperation i tried pushing the internal contacts of the socket (from the outside without opening the box) using a narrow technical screwdriver .
Remarkably the offending tip just fell out of the socket… worth a try

2 Likes

I have only had a single negative experience with Elektron B-Stock purchased from an official major US online Elektron reseller.

It was an Analog Four MKII with a top board that doesnt seem to be posted/reinforced within the chassis properly. They keys stick a bit and pushing down on knobs the whole display travels up and down about half a centimeter. Its fine if it dont push down on knobs but I used that function to reset a lot.

I own MKII Rytm and Octatrack. Neither one of these units exhibit this issue. I also notice that the unit boots with a ‘B’ in the bottom left of the display. The other units I purchased new don’t do this either.

I’m still working on resolving the issue.

1 Like

Mine loads up with a “B” as well. What is that?

Sounds like it wasn’t very well screwed down. Is there a loose screw if you shake it? I’d probably just carefully take a look inside.

From a different thread: The letter in the bottom left is…

1 Like

That just makes me want to know what it means more…

1 Like

You’re lucky! During testing it was determined that your particular unit has more “Balls” than normal units.

When the firmware detects a unit that is more “ballsy” than others you get a capital B down low on the screen. :smirk:

3 Likes

Well that makes sense… this unit in particular is very popular with the ladies. Some gentlemen too.

1 Like

So the Analog Four mk2 I got is acting up, but in a mild way…

First I noticed one of they keyboard keys (E or F?), the color of the transparent dash is slightly green compared to the rest when it’s not on/active. When it is active, the green LED looks the same as the rest.

The issue is when I use the Transpose button and that same key, the red LED flickers randomly. No other key does this, and I assume it’s not normal.

I’m just not sure what to do with it, as I’ve never had an issue with new gear (I almost always bought used…). Do I contact Sweetwater or Elektron? Either way I guess this means I’ll have to send it in for a repair or replacement?

I just got a Digikeys b-stock from Thomann and it looks very fine and it works great. No scratchs at all.

But I also got b-stock of Xaoc Zadar from Musicstore this year. It had faulty knobs. No probs to send it back to musicstore. But I had to pay the price difference to get a new one because b-stock was out of stock. Hm well, okay I did.

What I could not understand the musicstore people told me they do not controll every returned gear, because there are to much gear send back … well, hm.