Elektron B-Stock

I just purchased a B-stock Octatrack Mk2 and Analog Four Mk2 from a very reputable store. Obviously I imagine it varies from place to place but has anyone purchased Elektron B-stock? Any issues I should look for?

1 Like

I brought a b stock octatrack about 1 ago.nothing to worry about tbh as warranty covers everything

2 Likes

Factory tests (hold func while boot), with button & co.
Then check inputs & outputs.
Inspect the screen - take care about this one!
check midi.
Mostly its a slightly damaged box. Or a return of someone who doesn’t knew what to do with too much money.

3 Likes

If it’s a serious dealer, at worst you can expect signs of an open box and maybe the protective plastic torn. Otherwise, as good as new.

1 Like

Yeah they’re a big one and very good with returns. I’m just worked up because it’s a very good deal and I’m expecting the worst… I’m going to have to post pictures when they arrive. Very, very excited…

2 Likes

Don’t worry.any issues send them back. Just enjoy the madness of learning the ot😁

2 Likes

Truth be told I just sold my Mk1 to fund the purchase of the Mk2. I can’t wait for the nice shiny new box and all the extra buttons… practically salivating haha!

3 Likes

I bought a b-stock analog 4 and analog rytm and they were both practically new:) I had a tiny bit of trouble registering one of them but I emailed Elektron support and they got it all sorted out.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve bought new gear since like 2001 or something… Didn’t even occur to me to register it. Thanks.

1 Like

Yeah I did the same. Deffo worth it. Mk2 ot is a lot easier to navigate around👍

1 Like

Thomann just has a A4MKII for 999€ in stock. Full warranty and everything with it.

2 Likes

Just purchased AR MKII b-stock. Even had a Elektron sticker sealing the box. I honestly can’t tell that it’s B-Stock, it is just as it would be brand new and I saved almost $500 on it. Worth it for sure :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Sweetwater has/had the OTMk2 for $965 and A4Mk2 for $925. That’s way less than I’ve seen for used versions, and honestly not that much more than the Mk1 versions. I was able to sell some gear pretty quickly recently so I jumped on it.

I think I grabbed the last OT but there were a few A4s left: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AnalogFour2–elektron-analog-four-mkii-4-voice-analog-synthesizer-with-sequencer?cond=AnalogFour2b

3 Likes

You jerk. Sweet lord, I just bought new speakers!

1 Like

You did good

1 Like

Thanks. Aside from a basically free ESQ1 that was broken but I was able to repair, I think this might be the best music-related deal I’ve ever gotten.

1 Like

B-Stock products can be faulty. I experienced it twice. I guess they don’t check systematically, or sell them anyway, just in case…
It wasn’t Elektron products, but I’m not sure they check them more, you need to know them to check properly.

On some dealers it could even just be breaking minimum advertised price agreements.

Mine had an Elektron sticker sealing the box (void if removed style) from Sweetwater. I feel almost like this means mine got special treatment and looked over by Elektron repair people versus just shipped out of the factory with basic manufacturing testing.

Sales rep said they got a bunch from Elektron that were basically brand new. Refurbished by Elektron, so I wouldn’t worry if you’re getting it from Sweetwater at least.

4 Likes

Time for me to go and peruse to see what I find over there at Sweetwater. This thread is getting to me. :money_mouth_face:

Edit: I will have to wait for more b-stock Octatracks

3 Likes