Elektron at NAMM 2018

Perhaps they’re announcing multiple digi-units?

Analog Hoove

Digitone - Digtal effektor

1 Like

If it’s an FX unit, it needs to be insanely good to top that empress monster fx multitool

3 Likes

If whatever Elektron does looks good and does whatever it does well it’ll be a hit. The Empress Zoia ain’t too pretty but looks like a lot of fun. I’ll be interested to see how well the Zoia does since it doesn’t look approachable.

2 Likes

NAMM is in 3 days. Elektron should really unveil the Digitone now. Let’s see what it is. Let’s know what it does.

2 Likes

So good ? can you midi clock it ? There is Control-port or something. Some special adapter needed ?

NAMM is in Anahiem, about 250mi closer to the Elektron office than Vegas. :grin:

2 Likes

Elektron will announce something on Thursday. It’s the one day of the rest of the week where I don’t have to present anything in any meetings- so it’s going to be the best day of the week to counteract the rest of the week.

#EarnThatDigitone
#TheOtherDT

5 Likes

g’wan elektron, giz a blurry image. you know u want to :wink:

2 Likes

Not feeling very confident that Elektron is coming out with that digital synth everyone’s talking about…

I’m betting over bridge will be reimagined and they will have soft synths available on it.

The PolyMachine

Digitone:

32 voices
8 tracks for digi machines as in the MnM
8 tracks for assignable FX
Parameter slide, chain & song mode

If possible in a RYTM or A4 form, because digital = many possibilities = many knobs

Thank you!

1 Like

Update for the Digitakt firmware, please! It will be good to see at least SOME of those bugs fixed

it won’t be “Digitone - Digtal effektor” it will be a new flagship product something that will bring us closer together and unite different camps

I’m gonna make a wild guess here and suggest Elektron will introduce a new line of products, their next gen version of whatever they got cooking in their labs. It’ll be a series of sorts, like the Roland Boutique and as such undefined by how many products they will release in that series and when, but it’ll have a starting family of two or three products. It’ll contain what they’re known for, the sequencer and the characteristic fx and such, but the interface will be completely new. Possibly they’re entering touch screen realm now, or go in the completely other way and have one knob per feature-kind of thing.

But it won’t be versions of what we know or guessing. Elektron is done with their current gen hardware. They’re going to show us a glimpse of their next gen stuff.

And whatever release date they’ll predict, they’ll miss it by a decade or so :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Here’s hoping you’re right. A touchscreen would probably be one of the few things fit to put me off buying pretty much anything they’ll come up with next.

1 Like

So…what’s up?

I like it so far.