Elektron at NAMM 2018

Casio had a series of keyboards called Casiotone. One could argue that the very old VL-Tone VL-1 had an impact on the aesthetic side of the Monomachine, proving a further possible link to the “new Monomachine” speculation.

They’ve got us teasing ourselves and running rampant with speculation, I love how nauts are running with “digitone” and nobodies even questioning it. :joy:
Whatever, I’ve already pre-ordered one anyway…

6 Likes

:joy:

3 Likes

Keep pre ordering guys, this one is going to need many beta testers!

I did my part with the Digitakt, never again :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I’m on that mental pre-order jazz

2 Likes

I mentally pre ordered as soon as the words “monomachine in digitakt form” were mentioned

5 Likes

If this is in fact a MNM successor, please:
• 6 voices or more
• 2 LFOs or more
• 4-op
• MIDI sequencing.

3 Likes

You reminded me of my old keyboard I had when I was a kid, I though it might have been a casiotone…
I found it and I guess it was a Yamaha… I had it when I was ten and had pretty much forgotten about it…
One of these:

Now I wish I still had it… :slight_smile:
Who needs some fancy new :3lektron: thing when you can score an old Yamaha for next to nothin… :smile:

7 Likes

It will be a minor miracle if Elektron release a 4-op FM synth, I didn’t want to be greedy. :wink:

2 Likes

Those are still REALLY cool!
One of my friends uses a couple of them.

1 Like

Get a few pedals on it and you’re in Fuck Buttons-land :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I have got this Yamaha sampler, bought it secondhand a few years ago.
Its really great, 8 bit sampling makes it really crunchy.
You can adjust the samplerate from 8.9 Kh to 16.7 Kh. It even has a envelope generator and delay and fuzz effects, Amplitude modulation and frequency modulation. Loop function and reverse. All adjustable with up down buttons.
Amazing for a toy sampler. Still use it sometimes.

2 Likes

I’m gonna have keep my eye out and grab one again…
It’s funny, I think of myself as a guitar player for 15 years before I got into electronics (besides fx :wink:).
It’s surprizing to be reminded I had a sampler keyboard when I was 10!
I guess I started my experiments much earlier than I remembered… :slight_smile:
I’m very curious about it now as I remember having so much fun sampling and doing weird stuff with it having absolutely no idea what I was doing, to see and hear it again now at this point in my life would be really fun…

I’ve said before I’m pretty immune to GAS. I’m curious what :3lektron: might have at NAMM but I’m almost positive I won’t be getting one, whatever it is. I do however now find myself experiencing some GAS for a cheap sampler from 87!

Not interested in a synth, but if it is a Heat-sized multi-FX box, I’d potentially be very interested.

9 Likes

I think you just described the Shruthi.

1 Like

Definitely, but a Shruthi with an Elektron style sequencer and digital effects would be amazing (even if the filters were digital).

1 Like

That old pto link is dead but this isn’t:

5 Likes

Now I want one of these. Haha.

1 Like

Now, that we all know about the Digitone, Elektron might as well start hitting us with all the interesting marketing. I want to get to the video demos as soon as possible.

Yeah Elektrons marketing is awesome :smile:

14CD194E-7F07-4917-BD02-49BE1005ED24

5 Likes