Elektron at NAMM 2018

Gave up hope for a Nord G3, but more realistically be happy to see what a Nord 5 could offer

3 Likes

I heard that they will be displaying a fully functional Digitaktā€¦ And that it even has buttons that donā€™t stick!!

1 Like

Hoping for AKII

1 Like

Fingers crossed for elektron to relax and make something that does work. Out of my 5 last elektron products, 4 were broken. Bugs, problems with new buttons, problems with pads, wrongly-assembled productsā€¦ feels like something is going wrong in hereā€¦ I am not even speaking about overbridge and my Analog heat nonsenseā€¦ with the elektron remark ā€˜we are a hardware companyā€™
I
Dont know what is going wrongā€¦
But this is
Not good at all

4 Likes

@wouzer Which products out of curiosity? That sucks man

I sent back A4 mk2 twice
I sent back ar mk2 once
I had issues with Digitakt

Overbridge for heat didnt work for Apple

For coulance I had overbridge premium for free

Now I only have A4 mk2

1 Like

Seems like Elektron has registered Digitone as a trademark:

so maybe we will see that at NAMM 2018

6 Likes

Oh no! The shorthand would be the same as the Digitakt! :open_mouth:

(But thatā€™s exciting)

3 Likes

Only if you read it as ā€˜Digi-Toneā€™ and not "Digit-Oneā€™. So maybe itā€™s ā€˜DOā€™.

6 Likes

I love how this forum provides inner peace when I get really anxious about something.

Thank you for your brilliant insight @Scot_Solida

8 Likes

Digitakt-sized machine that produces digital tones. Iā€™m in.

8 Likes

nice find! I do hope its the rumoured monomachine-inspired new digi beast synth

3 Likes

Since ā€œmonoā€ is probably not a great way to describe a contemporary digital polysynth, I think the Digitone (maybe D1?) might really fit. Great sleuthing to all. But I guess itā€™s too soon to preorder and I should probably sell some stuff firstā€¦

1 Like

What I really want to know is if itā€™s going to be capable of midi sequencing other gear like the Digitakt/Monomachine. I was planning on picking up a Digitakt again in a couple weeks mainly for the midi sequencing capabilities, but would rather hold out for the Digitone if it is capable as well.

2 Likes

Iā€™m guessing itā€™s going to be similar to the A4.
Maybe some inputs, maybe a CV out?
If I were a betting man, itā€™s not going to sequence external gear using midi.

So far all of the elektron digital boxes have had some form of MIDI sequencingā€¦ I do not think this will change with the DO.

Actually, I will be thrilled if the DO has the same MIDI seq as the DT, as I donā€™t ever plan on getting a ā€™takt but would still like to try a ā€modernā€ elektron MIDI seq (ie. sends MIDI CCā€™s in the right order, plockable pgm chng, native support of conditrigs that is not added in post, poly chords that can have diff. note lenghts per voiceā€¦)

1 Like

I canā€™t imagine it wouldnā€™t be capable of midi sequencing. The only Elektrons that werenā€™t capable of it were the analogs because it was based on a different structure.

There might not be as many midi tracks as the Digitakt- I guess. Iā€™m estimating 4 midi sequencing tracks- based on nothing

1 Like

2 Likes

Fortunately, I donā€™t think weā€™re going to have to wait that long to find out considering how close we are to NAMM now.

4 Likes

not really my find but I thought it might be good to link the post here

I wouldnā€™t necessarily hold my breath but there have been some indications that something like a Monomachine might be coming. This makes it much more likely. Whether it makes it to NAMM or not nobody knows.

2 Likes