Elektron Analog Rytm mk1 audio in effect

Hi,
I have an analog rytm mk1 and I would be gratefoul If anyone knows if is possible use the rytm as an external effect unit passing the audio into the audio in input.
Like a sound on ableton for example trough the rytm.
Thanks in advance.

here’s what’s on the manual (page 6)

s893hw

4 Likes

Thank you, hope it will works.

It will, but compressor only. :slightly_frowning_face:
External input is before Compressor and Fx return, but as you can’t send it to Fx, you can’t hear it with Fx return.
Hack / mod possible maybe?

Oh no :frowning:

As far as I know, if you input over overbridge on one of the channels, you can use the effects. As I use studio one where plugins don’t accept audio input, I can’t tell you for sure.

I can’t use overbridge, cause it can’t work with os 1.50 unless you have overbridge 2.0, but is incompatible with my macOs, so I can’t figure out if that method could work.
Thanks.

Is this possible on the MKii via sampler inputs? Will it work like the INP on the MD? Or are those inputs only active when sampler is armed?

I’m looking to pick one up, but if this isn’t possible to assign it to a track like the MD, or something like the THRU on the OT, it’s possible it might sway my decision…

Also not interested in using OB

Nope. A4 can do it too, replacing osc by incoming signal, so it’s through the hole analog path. Very efficient.

So uh, dumb question re audio in.

How do i get a mono signal in? it only gets heard on one side.

I have splitter/insert cables that go like trs -> dual ts, but it seems like i need a ts -> trs cable that will take the tip signal and put it on tip and ring of the trs side. So from mono synth (ts) to rytm mk1 (trs)

Is this the case? I only have a single mono out so my trs -> dual ts isnt much use. These kinda cables seem particularly rare so just wondering if I’m missing something.

Soldering (not sure to find this cable), or a mixer.

Seems to me what you need is TS > 2x TS

I needed TS > 2x RCA for connecting a mono synth to my DJ mixer and soldered it myself.

There’s no gain/volume anywhere, is it ?

Nope !

1 Like

Rock’n’roll

1 Like