Elektron Analog Keys : Is discontinued

Just noticed that a4 keys is listed on legacy products. Was it always there?

Your question doesnā€™t make any sense, because no product gets ā€œbornā€ as legacy product. The Analog Keys is on this list since a few months.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think the AK was a big seller. They had to drop the price drastically. Wouldnā€™t hold your breath for a 2nd

I would jump on a :musical_keyboard: mkiiā€¦ In a second.

yeah, me too, but only if it retained the joystick, but with click/hold/seq.record ability.
Mk1 ā€œinterfaceā€ was good as it was, but (bigger) OLED is still better IMO.
Besides, AK Mk1 front ā€˜panelā€™ has some free space to spare.

Above mentioned note priority problem is a serious shortcoming, BTW.

Edited to add: lack of dedicated sustain pedal input is a shortcoming, too.

If analog keys wasnt a big sellerā€¦ Why did they basically repeat that mistake with the Digitone keys?

At the end of the day all of them. MnM keys, ak, and dnk are awesome instruments and im glad they made them. I just dont really have the room for them.

Has anyone else noticed that that the Elektron site still has the product page up for the Elektron Analog Keys? Every other Discontinued product is just listed on the sit with a small blurb on it.

Is this just because there is still stock floating around in places?

Edit: Thank you mods for moving this to the appropriate thread.

I was going to add that I can find a few still new in various stores, and Iā€™m going to pick one up. I think this is one of those products that is too good for the crowd is sold to. The A4 is, for example, an amazing synth, and the Keys version of it, is really the A4 at its fullest potential.

It is a shame such creation donā€™t always gel with the consumer in the way they should. Only because this makes Elektron shy towards continuing the fantastic endeavor with it.

1 Like

You mean this:

See that it just says Out of Stock not discontinued!

The beast refuses to die!

My other observation as owner who loves this thing ā€“ itā€™s built to last, so used AKs are a good buy too ā€“ if they werenā€™t abused.

Rumor started ā€“ Elektron left the page up, because they are planning to relaunch the AK in 2020! Thatā€™s why they upgraded the OS on it too. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I am forever stating that the AK is the undisputed central hub of my studio. I love that thing so very much. I am sorely tempted to get a second one and keep it in the closetā€¦ just in case.

8 Likes

Yes but you can only access the page by going to the discontinued section of the site.

Edit: I was wrong. You canā€™t get to it directly from the site. You can only link to it from a search (google, duckduckgo, etc.).

Something is fishy. :laughing:

1 Like

Long and McQuade in Canada here has one for sale at one of their stores:

Iā€™m sure if someone really wanted a new one they could find one. This one is currently on sale for $200 off at $1499 CAD. Thatā€™s $1155 USD for my southerly neighbors :wink: A deal if you ask me!

1 Like

I just bought one, new, from Detroit Modular, $1079 with free shipping.

Super relieved I didnā€™t miss out on this synth. I waited far too long to pick one up.

2 Likes

I agree that the AK might well become a future classic, the A4 is awesome and probably one of the most flexible analog synths ever made, the AK is even better IMHO because of the keyboard and its implementation, extra outs and extra buttons, I do wish that it was 8 voice (2x A4 inside) but other than that there is little more I could wish for, current secondhand prices are ridiculously low when compared to most other analog synths.

4 Likes

I was really slow to get it because I had an A4. Now that I will have an A4 and a Keys, I feel as though I have an 8 voice. Granted to use all 8 voices as one voice, will require some MIDI and sequencing. Good thing that is one of Elektronā€™s main strengths.

But, on other hand that is really all youā€™d need for music production. That is a full band.

2 Likes

Donā€™t forget it has different analog circuitry than the A4 Mark 1, so itā€™s got better/more bass too.

Agree on all points.

I just finished a tune that was nothing more than A4 MK1 + AK, with the latest Overbridge Beta.
Everything about the sound I ended up with was exactly what I wanted. Punchy percussion, great sounding FX, interesting modulation.
For kicks and shakers, Iā€™ve yet to find a better drum machine than the A4 or AK. The different styles of percussion sounds are so vast and yet instantly usable, needing very little EQ and compression.

This is certainly a bonus, but shouldnā€™t detract anyone from an A4 MK1.
Kushā€™s REDDI VST will quickly tilt that bass response right back in line with the AK.
I do prefer the A4 MK1ā€™s mid-forward sound for leads and hooks, though. But again, I can tease that tone out of the AK with careful VST selection.

3 Likes

To add two the fishiness of the situation, I found that Sweetwater still has the sale page up for it, and the reasoning behind it is kind of weak:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AnalogKeys--elektron-analog-keys

Really really glad I scoped this up. Hopefully itā€™ll be here next week.

:see_no_evil:

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/fs-analogkeys-au-sydney/115650

Fishy is that just last Black Friday there were stores in Australia listing them as NEW and on sale. I called one of them, Mannys, and they said if I ordered one (pay in full first) theyā€™d order it from Elektron :rofl:

1 Like

well said

Used one here through Canadian music chain Long and McQuade:

$999 CAD which is roughly $787 USD

2 Likes

Iā€™m really surprised this one hasnā€™t sold yet, Iā€™ve been seeing it in the shop for what feels like years now.