Elektron Analog Four MK2 teardown

I recently bought an analog four and in the spirit of “Don’t turn it on, take it apart!” I decided to open it up and take some photos.

21 Likes

If you do a full disassembly, you could post a before and after pic in this thread which didn’t seem to catch on as I had hoped it would.

I thought I was the only one taking stuff apart, I still have a bunch of teardown pics to post actually.

7 Likes

Oh Elektron, why u no haz Easter Eggs any more …

The Mk1

21 Likes

There’s no easter eggs in the Heat MKII, Digitone or Digitakt either.

OP1 has a bunch tho.

3 Likes

I’m still waiting for someone to teardown their Perkons HD1 for inspection. I’m really curious to see what’s inside that.

2 Likes

tuna the cat?

1 Like

Nice! I love this stuff! Thanks…

1 Like

I think I have seen one very early on when it was just released. Remember that the guy doing it was surprised there was a lot of empty space inside, not that I matters to me but some people disliked it. Think it was posted in these forums probably in the perkons thread.

1 Like

Not printed on the pcb maybe, but DT and ST definitely have some easter eggs…

1 Like

Yes, hard to see them on a tear down tho.

3 Likes

Woah! Thanks for posting this!

I’m working on modding my mk1, and seeing the differences between the boards is helpful. There are points on the board labelled here that aren’t labelled on the mk1.

(The mod is individual inputs to each voice to start, and hopefully other things if my reverse engineering continues successfully)

Not sure if you’re willing to disassemble further, but I’d love to see the bottom side of the bottom board to make tracing things clearer. (The “C1-C4 Mono” points are especially mysterious, as they don’t have visible traces on the top side of the board.)

1 Like

Not sure if you are specifically wanting teardown pics of a Mk1, but there is an old topic linking to an exhaustive library, this link is the first one i found

the image i put above is from one here iirc, it’s not my board

i’ll add the link to the older topic which was a link offsite iirc - but i certainly downloaded the ogs at the time if lost in time

might as well link these here for future searchers

there’s also a topic to find on the individual outs mods for a Mk1

i was fairly sure this ^ was posted here too, but that was the source if not

you can also follow linked topics shown just under opening post

Did this mod ever happen? (TL;DR?) :slight_smile:

some folk did that or similar (as DIY), i have no idea if there was ever a product that could be slotted in to make it simple … it’ll either be in the topic, if so, or @darenager could elucidate further on where, if anywhere the project got to in the topic perhaps ?!

@avantronica

off topic

Love the new pfp. Its, like, techno-regal. Really classy looking and pleasing to the eye

2 Likes