Elektroid, a GNU/Linux transfer application for Elektron devices

I also tried to install it on Ubuntu 18.04 but couldn’t get the ALSA libasound2 update from 1.1.3 to 1.1.8, so I downloaded and made a fresh Ubuntu 20.04 system and it loads all correct versions of all dependencies and it works like a charm.

BUT I still have to get it running on my Raspberry Pi 3 :frowning:

The ubuntu I tried was 19.04, with no problem compiling, so I guess anything past this should work ok. My only Raspberry runs recalbox so I can’t really help here :wink:

1 Like

Version 1.2 is out.

It includes basic SysEx management and fixes some crashes. Also, a better color scheme is used.

BTW, anyone interested in adding new localizations will be very welcome.

I hope you enjoy it.

1 Like

Is there any french already ? I could do this.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the current localizations are English, French, German and Spanish.

Anyway, thanks for your interest. :slight_smile:

And I failed to see my instance of elektroid was already in french… duh, stupid me :rofl:

1 Like

can 1.2 update firmware?

It should be perfectly possible as the OS comes in a SysEx file. To upgrade simply
send that SysEx file from Elektroid. But I haven’t tried.

Waiting for the next OS update…

1 Like

This is so rad. Thanks for doing this!

1 Like

Hello,

I just switched from Digitakt to Model:Samples and wanted to report that Elektroïd works fine for it as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can confirm that OS updates can be performed from Elektroid. I’ve done it by activating System/OS Upgrade menu and sending the SysEx file.

Digitakt 1.20 up and running. :tada:

Superb update, BTW.

2 Likes

And now you have audio on linux too!

2 Likes

Amazing! :tada: :heart_eyes: :star_struck:
Will try with M:S

OB for Linux (sorta ;) there is this thing also.

1 Like

*stereo sum audio…

mmm :thinking:

./configure

throws

Requested ‘alsa >= 1.1.8’ but version of alsa is 1.1.3

I am running Xubuntu 18.04, any tips to upgrade alsa? Any PPA repo or something to add to APT sources list, or it should be manual, through https://alsa-project.org/wiki/Main_Page? If so… any concrete package?

Thanks!

I thinks this answers my previous question :ok_hand:t3:

[update]
Amazing! :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

I have the error

configure: error: Package requirements (alsa >= 1.1.8) were not met: Requested 'alsa >= 1.1.8' but version of alsa is 1.1.3

which is preventing me from installing on Linux Lite 4.8 which is based on Ubuntu 18. How do you change “minimal requirement for alsa to 1.1.3 in configure.ac”?

Edit the file configure.ac and change where it says alsa >= 1.1.8. Line 17. Then follow the installation instructions as normal.

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing that out.

Just wanted to clarify that Elektroid is using ALSA version 1.1.8 because that’s the version on Debian buster (stable). Ubuntu 20.04, which is LTS, includes ALSA version 1.2.2.

Perhaps you should consider upgrading.

1 Like