Elektroid, a GNU/Linux transfer application for Elektron devices

This is so rad. Thanks for doing this!

1 Like

Hello,

I just switched from Digitakt to Model:Samples and wanted to report that Elektroïd works fine for it as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can confirm that OS updates can be performed from Elektroid. I’ve done it by activating System/OS Upgrade menu and sending the SysEx file.

Digitakt 1.20 up and running. :tada:

Superb update, BTW.

2 Likes

And now you have audio on linux too!

2 Likes

Amazing! :tada: :heart_eyes: :star_struck:
Will try with M:S

OB for Linux (sorta ;) there is this thing also.

1 Like

*stereo sum audio…

mmm :thinking:

./configure

throws

Requested ‘alsa >= 1.1.8’ but version of alsa is 1.1.3

I am running Xubuntu 18.04, any tips to upgrade alsa? Any PPA repo or something to add to APT sources list, or it should be manual, through https://alsa-project.org/wiki/Main_Page? If so… any concrete package?

Thanks!

I thinks this answers my previous question :ok_hand:t3:

[update]
Amazing! :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

I have the error

configure: error: Package requirements (alsa >= 1.1.8) were not met: Requested 'alsa >= 1.1.8' but version of alsa is 1.1.3

which is preventing me from installing on Linux Lite 4.8 which is based on Ubuntu 18. How do you change “minimal requirement for alsa to 1.1.3 in configure.ac”?

Edit the file configure.ac and change where it says alsa >= 1.1.8. Line 17. Then follow the installation instructions as normal.

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing that out.

Just wanted to clarify that Elektroid is using ALSA version 1.1.8 because that’s the version on Debian buster (stable). Ubuntu 20.04, which is LTS, includes ALSA version 1.2.2.

Perhaps you should consider upgrading.

1 Like

Thanks that worked. I plan to upgrade to Linux Lite 5 soon. LL is a great distro for my old AMD phenom II 955 pc.

Hi there… I am going to send my M:S to Elektron support (the known problem with the power cable). Not 100% sure, but I expect to get a new unit in a weeks, so I would want to backup my current projects

I have never done this before using Transfer app, so I am not sure if Elektroid does fully support that feature. I have exported 3 .syx files for my 3 current projects (apart from the Stock one), that files are very light (around 20K each one), although I suppose that should not indicate any problem

Is there any way to validate they are ok?
I have tried creating a new project in M:S and then sending there one of that .syx files using Elektroid, but new project remains empty, so… maybe that restore process contains project name, etc… and load the data into that concrete project, instead of the M:S active one? Or is this an error?

I noticed this as well. This might be an issue for all of you so be careful with this.

At the moment, only single message SysEx are supported (i.e. a byte stream that starts with 0xf0 and ends with 0xf7). It seems that a project is just a set of SysEx messages so when you export a project a set of messages for all patterns and data are sent. In this case, Elektroid only reads the first messages and ignores the rest.

It is an issue in the sense that it might look like a project backup is done while it is NOT.

It is by design but I think I should change it because it’s confusing.

I’m taking a look at it at the moment. It might be easy to fix.

2 Likes

Apparently, it was easy to fix. :rocket:

I’ve pushed some commits to the repository. This one fixes this issue. I’ve done some testing and it looks like nothing is broken.

Could you try this to see if it works for you?

4 Likes

I will check tomorrow & give you feedback
Thank you very much, that was really fast :+1:t3:

Hi there
It worked like a charm for 2 of my 3 projects. I have found strange the .syx filesize is exactly the same for both projects (although they contain different number of patterns), but I have tried loading them into a new project, and I see the differences between both backups

However, it didn’t worked for my 3rd project… In this concrete case Elektroid keeps “Waiting” after selecting “Receive SysEx”, and after M:S screen says Backup is complete

Not sure what happens with that project :crazy_face:

1 Like

I will give a try to C6 windows version later, it seems it loads correctly using Wine (at least, it starts with no errors)

By the way, hard to find the link https://www.elektron.se/support/?connection=analog-drive#downloads

[update]
No, it doesn’t work through Wine
I ended making my project backups with C6 using my girlfriend’s Mac :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

works :slight_smile:

anyone got Overbridge running on Linux?