Electron Model: Samples/Cycles 'Transfer’ Operation

Hi guys, recently I preordered the Model Samples, but since the unit delays 2 weeks now to arrive to my local retailer, and maybe I have to wait a lot since this thing is sold out around here, I’m just thinking to get the Model: Cycles.

I love the Modle Cycles as well, but my concern is if I can transfer my own sounds (one shot samples) into it from my computer, since obviously the Cycles is labeled as FM synth/groovebox, and isn’t labeled as a Sampler as the Model: Samples.

So, reading the manual of the Model Cycles I found some useful information which applies and to the Digitone as well. The problem is that this information is misleading. Because in the beginning Electron claims that you can load your own sounds as audio sample files, in all the recent Electron gear through their platform named ‘’Transfer’’, but when specifies to Electron Cycles the manual uses the term presets (what means presets in this case?)…and in the next page uses the term waw file, which is what I want I guess, but it isn’t referring the name of a specific Electron groovebox, and in the pictures is depicted the Digitakt!!!

To me, and for other potential buyers of the Model Cycles I guess, is crucial to know if we can load our own sounds (samples) on it.

From the Electron Model:Cycles Manual

Transfer is an application for Mac OS and Windows that simplifies the transfer of audio sample files between your computer and your Elektron device. You can also use Transfer to install new operating systems on your Elektron device. Transfer also supports preset transfers for Model:Cycles. A simple drag & drop interface allows you to transfer almost any kind of audio file with great simplicity. You can drop entire folders or zip-archives directly onto the application, and preserve the folder hierarchy for all the samples contained within. Transfer supports various sample formats and sample rates, and it automatically converts the samples to the correct native format before transferring them to your Elektron device. Transfer also makes it easy to backup any sample files from your device to your computer. Transfer uses a USB-MIDI protocol and does not require any
additional drivers installed on your computer.

Please guys help

No samples on the cycles.

You can create and save/import sounds made of settings within the unit. But no samples.

Thanks a lot for the reply.

But, why the manual claims that you can transfer your own sounds from your PC to the Cycles? It is a printed error, or something else?

A sound is not a wav file. You can import sounds which are the full set of settings/parameters which define a how a track will be heard.

Nothing wrong with the manual

1 Like

It does not. It is simply implicit that you cannot transfer samples to an instrument that is not capable of playing samples.