Electric Stereo Mistress

phaser and chorus in the one pedal … it’s digital, although seeing as how the instrument/s going through it are going to be 12-bit digitised at the A-D input of the Machinedrum, no worries really.

going to try creating two Record machines panned left and right to capture some riffs played through this rainbow liquid dream machine.

3 Likes

We used small stone and (modded) small clone pedals in a similar setup (into the MD ram machines)! I don’t care if something is digital or analog, but it does sound very different. EHX makes the coolest affordable pedals, the guy in charge (Master Mike Matthews) makes demo videos like a maniac, which I appreciate to no end:

(thinking about my big muff now, thousands miles away, unplugged, gathering dust on my pedalboard, makes me sad)

1 Like

lol re/ pedal, are you always in transit?

fab MM promo there, very cool

yes Small Stone, vintage, is my fave.

just wanted to go out on a limb and try something new.

initial evaluation: The Stereo Electric Mistress sounds cool.
haven’t tried stereo yet.

also currently i’m placing the unit after the tube preamp/overdrive…
soon shall try placing the electric mistress before the preamp pedal.
And there is an intriguing “Matrix Mode” for flange-freeze, haven’t unlocked this level as yet.

I haven’t had a fixed adress for three years this summer! Deliberate at first, now trying to get settled here in Québec… life works in mysterious ways, I guess!

And modulation pedals before dirt is a yes! Digital delay --> fuzz = :imp:

welll … haha yes pro’s in the industry would be either one side of the fence or the other on whether to agree with the current signal flow, but anyway … yes a delay is used but it is a flanging process - a constant finger on the flange of the tape deck’s edge, with two versions of a sound sounding at once, but the second one just kept behind in time behind the original pitch, the modulation achieved via nuanced time-slowing of the second virtual tape track…

And as such appears - and is perceived - as a pitch modulation.

it is cool to put a chorus either before or after an overdrive, so … haha yes although will be looking forwards to hearing how it sounds before the Blackstar HT-Metal pedal, and in fact presume it will sound better in some ways, both placements are valuable.

Spring must be simply beautiful in Quebec.

vintage Smallstone is the ultimate chorus though.

Found this picture online (2009 :grimacing: ) of one of my boards:

I think I added vectrols to the smallclone to give it depth control and an additional “lfo” circuit, must have it somewhere! Great pedals to open up, because of the large chassis, I remember you can easily mod a small stone into controllable low pass filters, but… shoot, I am rambling again…

1 Like

modding a small clone, very cool…

in fact that combo right there (small-clone/small-stone chorus/phaser combo) would do pretty much the same as the stereo electric mistress, only with a slightly more-awesome analogue pathway.

however i scored this recent pedal for an incredibly cool price on sale, and she sounds pretty lush.

any available info re/ clone or stone mods, please do share when time permits.