Effect-Problem in Song Mode?

i know what you mean and i will give it a try, but i guess it’s a song-mode problem as the kits and the patterns themselves work perfectly fine in pattern-mode!

Thanks a lot for the demo - it definitely sounds like a bug from what I can tell. Like the ringmod is getting set to a weird value or something.

Can you isolate it to just one track that is exhibiting the behavior?

Reduce as many elements as you can til you can reproduce it consistently.
If you find out which parameter it is, you could try param-locking it to the right value and see if that helps.

3 Likes

maybe it‘s worth to mention: in a different part of the song (different pattern, same kit) i tweaked the bassdrum to sound similar like in the second demo. playing the whole song for the first few times it‘s fine, but after a random amount of plays the bassdrum starts to sound like in the second demo… as if the effects from the later pattern start to work right from the beginning where they shouldnt start… hope you know what i mean!?

a bug seems plausible… better a small softwarebug than broken hardware…
maybe too many parameter locks??

and of course thank you guys for taking care of me :smiley:

:v:

1 Like

a little bit of unpredictability……. or Elvis maybe if you leave just the bass tweaked and syssex the kit,
a) syssex maybe help to check if other machine can replicate.
b) reinstalling the 1.63

1 Like

Keep trying to narrow it down.
I do hesitate to blame ‘bugs’ at first, HOWEVER, there are known bugs with input machines where parameters get stuck and won’t reset back to normal until you hit that tracks trig key…so something like that is not impossible.

I just like to save blaming it on the bug gremlins for the absolute last resort, when I’ve proven through reduction and deduction that it is indeed a bug. Stay on it and keep us posted.

2 Likes

I’d try a power supply that accepts your mains power without the need of a converter. The md can misbehave, but still kinda operate, when it doesn’t get the juice that it needs.