Effect-Problem in Song Mode?

Hey guys,
I couldn‘t find a similar topic, so I decided to open a new thread.

I‘m on Machinedrum SPS-1 UW+ MkII

Situation:

• I build a few patterns.
  • A lot of trigs have their own effects-adjustments.
  • I save everything.
  • I build a song in song mode.

Problem:

• I listen to the song over and over to figure out which rows need some editing.
  • After a few listens, one or two machines start to act weird with their effects and filters etc, so the samples don’t sound like they should anymore.
  • I save the edited song.
  • Restart the Machinedrum and everything is working fine again for some time.

(Hope you see what I mean)

Have any you experienced similar issues? Am I doing something wrong? Is something broke? Is there a better way to „tune“ the machines instead of restarting the Machinedrum?

Thanks in advance!

Hi you don’t press accidentally the classic extended buttons.

Thanks for the answer! I was thinking about that too, but I‘m definitely always in extended mode!

you save the kits? trying to replicate this on song mode… you have 0s 1.63?

Yes, all the time :confused: I even save them without having edited them - just to be 100% sure… I mean after restarting the Machinedrum everything‘s fine again… Nothing is wrong or missing within the kits. They work properly in song mode for a few times… It happens randomly that the effects go bananas…

edit: yes, i‘m on the latest OS

edit edit: what do you mean with „replicate on song mode“?

1 Like

Ok so everything is fine right now?…

Yeah… at the moment everything‘s fine. But as I said: After a few plays the Machinedrum is acting weird. I save the editing of the song, shut down the Machinedrum, restart it and voila - i can work further until starts again to act weird

Cool. Happy Tweaking

Well, the problem is still not solved, but thanks :sweat_smile:

Using free run LFOs? Double stop will rest them. If you need the phase reset programmed, you need to get funky with creating an alternative kit that has a trig LFO on the same track as the free run lfo of the other kit. Then trigger that track (p-lock vol to zero or burn a track with an empty machine to do it silently) on a step or two before the pattern change, p-locking speed of the trig LFO will adjust the start phase of the free run lfo in the next pattern.

Is your power supply tip-top? I’ve heard of weird behavior popping up if it’s not delivering what’s needed.

Also, song mode is known to have some quirks/bugs.

1 Like

You’re a Ninja bro.

2 Likes

i remember this issue occurs, when the song consists of patterns with different kits. the results are jumpy or abrupt ending effects, when the patterns/kits change to another. especially very annoying with delay effects. but when all patterns of the song are sharing the same kit, it should be work without any problems. keep in mind, the kits are linked to the patterns.

2 Likes

Thanks for your thoughts!

Double stop does not work, but I‘ll try what you said with the alternative kit! I just have to learn all the terms as I‘m a german dude working with the machinedrum for two weeks…

Power supply should be fine, although it is a US device working with an european adapter!

It‘s „good“ to know that this can be a bug as long the device itself is not defective

I was thinking of that for a moment too! but i only use one kit for my songs…! so the confusion cant be caused by this :confused:

Thanks for your ideas! :slight_smile:

@birdster…kannst mich ruhig anhauen wenn du hilfe brauchst mit der MD. auch per PN keine problem :wink:

1 Like

Clarify ‘random’?
Maybe make a demo so we can hear what is going on?
I’m curious…

2 Likes

Maybe is Elvis inside tweaking the 1.63 haunted MDUW

1 Like

well, sometimes it happens and sometimes don‘t :wink: and when it happens, i have to turn it off, turn it back on and it works again.

This is how it should sound like

This is how it sounds after listening to the whole song

another way to get rid of the problem is to load another song and re-load the song which is acting strange.

did you already checked the outputs C,D,E,F (master effects not available) and the headphone jack?

1 Like

Can you change the global to another position, and maybe copy the kit to another slot and copy - paste the pattern so the new kit is linked.

1 Like