Editor for Analog Four

Awesome!

Thanks!

really fun to use

This editor has made me extremely interested in the A4. (Along with the news of the new poly update)

I just bought a Pulse 2 (partly due to it also having a great M4L Live editor as I need deep DAW integration) so iā€™ll see how I get on with that for a few months and if itā€™s really working for me and my workflow iā€™ll seriously consider ā€œupgradingā€ to an A4.

You forgot song mode :slight_smile:

Can i use the Editor with the A4 Update 1.1 ?

Any news on if this works with the 1.1 update?

Itā€™s a deciding factor on me buying an A4 very shortly.

everything that works with the editor should work now, i donā€™t own it but iā€™m writing my own, thereā€™s not much more added to the midi implementation in 1.1 and thereā€™s certainly no backwards compatibility issues - only tiny additions/fixes and those are certainly not pertinent to the new headline toys

Good stuff. :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll order an A4 this week then.

it is mighty ! a wonderful instrument, logical and very deep with a phenomenal sound palette - and it can go proper off-piste -but itā€™s always musical - best thing i ever bought as a complete package

Sorry for late reply.
I was working on other patches.
Anyway, you can use the editor with OS1.1 like avantronica said.
Thanks

Is the M4L editor bi-directional?

(Obvioulsy I want to be doing the majority of my tweaking on the hardware and just use the editor for itā€™s other functions, DAW automation and patch recall)

Love the editorā€¦ have a concern though since I had a massive issue while I was using it yesterday. Was running patch morphing on all tracks when the voices all died. This could be totally unrelated to the editor but I thought it was worth a mention.Took a calibration routine to bring them back btw.

Someone else managed to mess up their CV by sending random sysex to the machine as well.

Just bought it. Great work man, should make it a lot more fun.

@barryfell
This editor can receive messages from A4.
But you canā€™t recall A4 patches from this.

@hellcore
What is the situation now?
You still have issue?
Basically morph seq send lots of messages to A4 even for one track.
So I donā€™t recommend to use morph seq for all tracks at once.

@JNS
Thnak you!

So workflow wise when using a DAW, iā€™d need to always make sure I save the patch on the hardware, take a note of it, then recall it manually when I next opened the DAW project?

Itā€™s fixed after running recalibration. :slight_smile:

Itā€™s a shame the A4 isnā€™t able to handle 4 tracks of morph sequences, you can get some amazing modular style noises that way!

Edit: I was using USB for the editor, I wonder how it is handled via regular MIDI port.

@barryell
Basically m4l editor can recall settings.
But Iā€™m not very sure it works perfectly.
Cause sometimes m4l makes some strange error.
I usually use this editor for making some random stuff.

Men,

i have no pay pall account, any other possibility please? i really need it !
thanks

@forgo
You can use credit card via gumroadā€¦
Thanks

haha i was just reading through this and laughed. didnt know i had a +drive already hiding inside