ECC4 - The ECC2 successor for Analog MK2s

Could anyone from Elektron comment whether there will be a successor to the ECC2 carry bag that fit’s the MK2 machines? I’m a big fan of the bag and I’d love one to lug around my future A4/AR MK2.

Cheers,
Hans

The dust cover has landed! Hopefully it’s the sign of an ECC-3 to come. …mostly so I can score someone’s old ECC-2. :money_mouth_face:

https://www.elektronauts.com/uploads/default/original/3X/1/2/12ef8317a651e26a3c8248fdcc2d4dc70970d8bb.jpg

The Elektron ECC-3 Carry Bag can accommodate one Analog Heat, Analog Four MKI, Analog Rytm MKI, Digitakt, Machinedrum, Machinedrum UW, Monomachine, Octatrack MKI or Octatrack MKII.

I hope we’ll get something equally pretty for A4/AR MKII

Are these released yet and sold out, or not released yet? Elektron store says sold out but I can’t find them listed in any other shop.

Would like one for my OTm2.

Call your local retailer, they should be able to order them from Elektron now.

1 Like

I received mine yesterday and it’s nothing short of gorgeous. I like the new color scheme a lot and the bag feels well made and sturdy. It reminds me a bit of the Eastpak bags, which I’m very fond of. First thing I always check with bags is the zippers and these feel like top of the line stuff. There’s a lot of room for accessories, like additional cables and stuff. The bag looks a lot more classy than the previous black bags. The inner lining is soft and will prevent scratches. Theres an additional velco divider that can be used to put two AH, DT, DN style boxes safely into the bag. I find the upright format unusual and I would have liked and option to alternatively use the bag in a more traditional “landscape” format. It is worth pointing out that the lid is not included anymore as it used to be with the previous incarnation. So while the price for the bag has come down, for proper use a lid also has to be purchased, increasing the overall price of the transport solution to €159,-. As the new bag has a lot more compartments and hence, zippers, this doesn’t seem outrageous, but for frequent travellers it probably puts it in a price range where it competes with more robust cases, e.g., Otterbox and the likes. I should point out that the bag was provided to me free of charge. Would I buy it at the full retail price? Hard to say, €100,- is a lot of money and I don’t travel that much with my gear. I’m on the fence on this one.

3 Likes