Easiest way to record M:S and M:C into iPad?

I have both Model Samples and Cycles. I only have my 2018 iPad (lightning input) with me. What’s the easiest (and hopefully cheapest) way to record both together or separately into iPad? Apple CCK? Focusrite 2i2 / 4i4? I have AUM, Audiobus 3, Cubasis 2, Audio Evolution, and Final Touch apps. Thanks!

Since IOS does allow you to use multiple audio interfaces at the time you can only connect one of the devices via CCK only (USB audio compliant devices count as audio interface).

If you want to connect them both at the same time and record them separately you will need an audio interface with 4 input channels (= 2x stereo).

Which one is more or less a matter of price and functionality. Should it have a lightning port? Should it be “very” portable (i.e. battery powered)? etc.pp.

1 Like

Ok I’m fine wit( just using a CCK and one device at a time. Do the separate tracks of the Samples or Cycles record as separate tracks in Cubasis or other programs or just a stereo file?

stereo file

The Camera Connection Kit is pretty slick. I plugged the M:S in, fired up Garageband, and I was off to the races. It’s literally two button clicks to get the iPad to recognize M:S. If you want both coming in simultaneously, though, it’s going to get substantially more expensive.

Same for Garageband, stereo file, not dual mono tracks.