E-kit drumming question

Hey All,

I almost never use the Rytm pads, instead I trigger the Rytm sounds and samples via midi with my Yamaha DTX drum kit.

It works good for the most part, but too many missed hits/notes, and if I try to play a snare roll it’s pathetic.

I am wondering if it is anything to do with velocity or other settings.

Have a great day!!

Look into the LFO on the RYTM, you can assign it to any number of parameters that will help breath some life into that static snare. Also layer the synth sound w/samples. I’m also using an electronic kit to play my RYTM and recently took the time to create my own kit w/LFOs modulating every sound, made a huge difference. Using a 2Box Drumit5 kit with pads that have mesh heads vs the rubber ones.

1 Like

Tornfrayed,

Thank you so much. I get music time Friday thru Sunday and will try it.

Thanks!!!

I don’t know the DTX but on the Roland SPD-SX you can change the gate length of the triggered midi note. I was struggling with the same issue of missed notes but using the shortest gate length fixed the problem.

1 Like

ARVE,

I really appreciate this idea. I will definitely give it a try this weekend.

Thanks!!!

Hey ARVE,

Really appreciate your suggestions. It worked! Toms and other things are much tighter after changing the gate length on my DT Xpress. Made a huge difference.

Thank you so much!!!

1 Like

Hey Tornfrayed,

Gave it a shot but not sure I did it right. Any other ideas, suggestions would be great. I’ll keep trying.

Thanks!!

You’re welcome! I’m glad I could help.