Dynamic recorders switch silences everything?

When I switch dynamic recorders on or off all my Flex and Static tracks fall silent. I’m not talking about record buffers being wiped, the actual samples from the pool are silent.

The track trigs still flash when the sequencer runs but the track indicators do not show the play symbol.

Here’s the weird thing - if i go in to edit the waveforms the sample i’m currently editing starts playing when trigged, along with the play symbol coming back. This has to be done for all samples I want to restore, including any that are trigged with a parameter lock so it takes a lot more work than just holding the track button and Edit (that only restores the assigned sample).

Not good.

A 1.25 H bug or just something I’m missing? Dont remember this happening before.

Can anyone replicate this? Would be much appreciated if you could give it a try and let me know here (please include OS)

Apologies for bumping this so soon after I posted but I only got my OT back from repair yesterday and I’ve since found ANOTHER bug on top of this one. Frustrating

Yes. I’ve just run across this exact same issue. This is apparently a MAJOR bug! Yikes.

Curious, what was the other bug that you discovered. Did you make a topic regarding it? (link?) also, what did you send your DPS-1 to get repaired?

Refer: Request: can you replicate this bug?

The other one was this (and turns out I didn’t discover it - been there all along)
http://www.elektronauts.com/t/another-silly-bug/16800/142686/page:1#142686
I had buttons repaired under warranty

Hello, did you find an to this or is it just something we have to live with?

Just updated to 1.30 and still having this problem. Same thing occurs when changing the max sampling time too. Pretty frustrating :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

There’s been a bug where any time you change anything in the mem config the samples get silenced…
It was supposedly fixed on 1.30b:

The other workarounds have been:
-save project, change mem config, reload project
-change mem config, power cycle

3 Likes

Has this bug been fixed? I have the 1.3C firmware and I think it happens to me the same thing that is described here, it took me two days going crazy thinking it was something I was doing wrong, but maybe it’s just a bug. I can not play flex machines with dynamic recorders in Yes and without allocating memory to the tracks

It’s the change to ‘yes’ (or other changes in the memory settings) that causes the mute. Save the project and reload it to get those slots back.

No not fixed. I think Elektron stated in one of the more recent release notes that it fixed the problem for static machines

2 Likes

Clancy, thank you very much for the clarification.
How many hours lost looking for the reason for that error!
It seems to me that before continuing to study the OT I will review the list of current BUGs to avoid losing more hours foolishly.

Luckily we have this forum, and Ot’s very compassionate, I thought I was going crazy, thank you! :sweat_smile::wink:

3 Likes

Easier to move on with known bugs discussed here, for sure. :slight_smile:

I only want to confirm that last night I tried “Proyect Save and Reload”, after configure all my needs, and OT work fine, until 4am making samples, resamples and experiments.

:loopy::loopy:

2 Likes

Yes! Hate to think of the collective hours wasted by everyone stumbling into the same bugs, especially when they’re still learning the machine and putting all those WTF moments down to user error.

We need an official list of bugs. Not sure why Elektron don’t add this to their otherwise great support service.

Can @Ess throw some light on this? Why not list the bugs and let people get on with making music?

1 Like

Power cycle works too, in case you don’t want to save the project changes…
You’ll loose recorder buffers though…

3 Likes

Well you lose them doing the memory switch anyway so :+1:

I’m pretty much in the habit of putting dynamic recorders on at the start of a new project. That and no reserves works best for me.

1 Like

Oh yeah right…
I also use a project template with all my basic settings including recorders and mem config, I don’t think I’ve changed mem config in years…

I also use that configuration, Dynamic = Yes and no memory reserves per track, and as it was the first thing I did when creating a project, it did not work for me until I found this thread, although it was a week of searching the forum until I found this thread.

The list of Bugs, yesterday I realized that it does not exist, there is not a compilation of bugs, only a thread where each one exposes the bugs that it has found, but with more than 300 replies and many are comments, a kaos.

1 Like