Duplicate steps

Hi first time caller, long time listener.

Simple question : is there a way to say duplicate steps included all trigs / paremeter locks other than copying them individually?

Ideally if I have 8 steps and I want to duplicate to 16 for example. I would like those next 8 steps to copy the first 8.

Let me know if I’m not making myself clear :slight_smile:

Multi trig editing (holding several trigs and pressing copy/paste etc.) is not in the Model series?

Yes that seems to work ! good enough.

But it would be nice to be able to copy say the first 8 trigs and paste them to the next 8. Essentially “doubling the loop” without having to go to Function & Page.

You have ten fingers; you just have to get really good with the last two.

2 Likes

I am still wearing sandals , it’s more for the winter months.

3 Likes

Or just copy/paste four trigs, then the other four trigs.
Sometimes a combination of page copy (I reckon page copy is available on the Model) and copying/changing/editing a few trigs is faster then performing several multi trig copy attempts in a row. Depends on the pattern ofc, but with a little practise/muscle memory copy/paste operations can be extremely fast on Elektrons imho.

Also afaik the Models have page autocopy.
Autocopy=When you extend the track/pattern length, trigs are automatically duplicated onto the next page(s)

1 Like

Or use my tried and true block of cheese method:

Then you have a tasty snack afterwards.

5 Likes

As far as I can tell there is no page auto copy , this is exactly what I’m looking for. So other boxes have this I gather ?

Your joke is a little cheesy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Something I didn’t know for a few months was that I didn’t have to hold the function button to copy triggers…
Just hold the trig you want to copy, tap the rec button, and your hands are free to hold a different trig to hold and paste to.
I was cramping up before figuring this out.

If you have a pattern that is 16 steps and you extend it by tapping the PAGE button while on the pattern length menu, all the trigs that are already recorded should automatically be added to the additional bars.
Might work the same if you use the dial to incrementally add steps too, but I forgot. I’m usually working in pattern numbers that are multiples of 16 so I do the shortcut.