Dueling Digitakts (& DJ mixer) Set idea

Someone said something to me about having two octatracks for a live set. I thought, “that would cost a lot. I like the idea but what’s more cost effective?” So i came up with a two digi-t set.

One thing that I like about the digi-t that the octatrack doesn’t do, is that a new pattern can be a completely new instance if you want it to be. So the pattern prepping can be much quicker and you can get creative with this feature.

So i’m thinking, split “songs/patterns” in half (one half on digi 1 and the other on digi 2) and use the dj mixer to fade from one to the other.

Just FYI the OT has 64 parts, four per bank, so if you really wanted to you could use just he first four patterns of every bank each assigned to its own part and it would behave similar to a DT. You’d get 64 patterns like this per project… That being said I always recommend getting the most out of one OT before adding another. Seen a few cases of folks using two OTs when it could probably be done on one…

But anyway, two Digitakts…

1 Like

Elektronauts’ own @DaveMech uses two digitakts and an A&H DJ mixer for his live techno.
Performance video here.
He shows how he uses the fx and loop functions of the mixer in this video.

4 Likes