Dual VCO Audio Examples!

Its really great for industrial bass, noise, fx etc specially using distorting and parameters lock .
IMO this make the Rytm the ultimate drum machine for me :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Absolutely loving this!

Instantly able to make weird, gritty basslines. Quite unique sounding to anything I have heard espectially when you start adding in parameter locks/ filter/ overdrive.

Sounds sweet! @Dataline How did you program the glide on poppy?

Probably using slide trigs?

Yeah, been programming them for the last hour :slight_smile:

Is there any chance we can get this added to the tom channels instead? :frowning:

Nope.

awww cmonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase dad plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2 Likes

I tried this last night after reading this. You can build amazing kicks literally from the ground up!

Im also amazed at how much the two decay knobs affect the overall timbre. Itā€™s not a design I have ever seen before but itā€™s simple and intuitive.

2 Likes

I just managed to convince myself I need a RYTM MKII in my life now.

4 Likes

Loving the new engine. I think I might get a second Rytm MK1 and maybe even replace the A4 with it.

1 Like

just played with these for a few minutes last night. loving the sounds so far, very off-kilter and dynamic. any idea if thereā€™s plans for something similar with the Toms machines? love that theyā€™re still adding to the functionality of the Rytm, big points to Elektron for that.

Those tom circuits are much much simpler, who knows whether there will be some new or varied machines, but theyā€™d be restricted by the voice architecture which is vastly simpler than the lower three voices

2 Likes

Arenā€™t the tom tracks where youā€™re supposed to put in your samples? :wink:

7 Likes

The new engine is great, but without key tracking it could never replace any of my other monos. It covers plenty of ground, though

undoubtedly so. Iā€™ve often made synth-type sounds out of them (as well as every other section of the Rytm, tbh) nonetheless, and though they wouldnā€™t be as complex as the new Dual VCO machine, they might be opened up somewhat in that direction at least?

the people with the mkII have a distinct advantage: they can sample the bass or sequence or whatever and use it on a certain sample-slot/Triggerpad

Anyway, just think about the p-lock madness ā€¦ this is now a real standalone-machine

1 Like

More about the synth machineā€™s in the Rytm:

"The BD, SD, and RS/CP voices all have a drum sound generator that is basically a small but very flexible dual-oscillator synthesizer capable of a wide array of percussive and electronic sounds. In addition to this, the RS/CP voice has a special circuitry for rimshot synthesis.

The BT voice has a resonant single-oscillator percussion sound generator capable of deep toms and classic boomy bass drum sounds.

The LT and MT/HT voices also have resonant single-oscillator percussion sound generators, but of a more general percussion nature.

The CH/OH voice has a six-oscillator metallic sound generator with several different synthesis methods for creating hihat sounds.

The CY/CB voice also has a six-oscillator metallic sound generator, but with several methods of synthesizing cymbals and cowbells."

2 Likes

yeah, Iā€™ve dug in on all machine type sections before. but iā€™m hoping Elektron continues to open up the machines to allow for more unique synthesis options in general, be it more percussive options or more towards synthesizer style. the relative simplicity of most of the machines versus the BD, SD, RS/CP machines wonā€™t allow for much necessarily, but iā€™m heavily into pushing weird sounds out of the Rytm, so even opening up something seemingly basic like the CH/OH oscillator a bit more could have some interesting applications for me and some small subset of users. maybe some sections are pretty much as open as possible already, but I can hope theyā€™ve got some more room to expand them in the future. :drooling_face:

1 Like

If possible I would like to see new engines that head in the direction the Vermona DRM1 where the label for each drum synth is more a guideline than a rule (weird percussion is good percussion).

But seeing as though I made a some kicks and even a clave last night with the new VCO engines im just going to be grateful for what we have been given :content:

1 Like