Dual VCO Audio Examples!

Oooh, sync would be lovely

The updates are in the MKII manual, looks like we’re still waiting on the MKI manual update

9 Likes

thank you! always RTFM I suppose :wink:

1 Like

correct

Sadness

Wow, love the sound of these! Away from my Rytm for a few days, can’t wait to play with it. How about a Dual VCO soundpack with some of these patterns? :smiley:

1 Like

Always move forward never look back bro.

2 Likes

Pretty awesome really kind of reminds me of the digitone mentality of simplicity, great sounding and originality… I just got myself an A4 mk1 and kind of wish it had a simplicity type mode along with the extremely deep synthesis stuff. Definitely more overwhelming than I though it would be. Maybe I just need to build a few different jumping off points to get the sounds into the shape I want faster. Still its hard to argue with simplicity that sounds great.

Mixing up a few bass tracks with the rest of the Rytm and sample is nuts good.
Particularly like the capability of Dual VCO to heavily impinge on the sample it is coupled with.
Higher freq Pads and stabs samples blended with DVCO, filter & verb. Big development.

1 Like

thanks for this was looking in the release notes.

I’m going to email every RYTM seller on craigslist right now in my area that they should stop and try the Dual VCO before letting go!

8 Likes

Well im surprise ! It sounds really nice and its quite versatile.
I was not expecting anything at all but maybe just a basic analog voice with 2 osc.
Well done Elektron !

Im honestly blown away by this update. I just sold my A4 and now I feel like I just got one back for free. The Rytm could always fudge being a one box solution but now it is truly there!

So much variation can be squeezed out of the waveforms with such a small amount of controls. So far I have gotten marimba style sounds and a very convincing baritone sax amongst the bass and bleeps.

Something I would like to see added is a fine detune for bass widening and drifting pad style sounds when controlled by the LFO. Also not sure of hardware limitations, but having a blend through the waveforms rather than stepping would open up a lot of sonic possibilities.

Anyway my favourite update to any Elektron product so far!

Well done guys.

7 Likes

Had a bit of fun with the DVCOs last night. They sound absolutely beautiful, and combined with the rest of rytm’s pallette, really make the rytm sound fresh and exciting again. In a way it feels like the rytm’s sound pallette was waiting for DVCO machines all along. very full sounding results!

2 Likes

Dual VCOs sound great and this is a very welcomed feature for ARmk2! Also very easy to start with!

But I only wished that it could have been used with other tracks than BD, Snr, RS, CP only. Especially those first two are so important to give away. But you can’t have everything, can you?

My only gripe is that voices 3 & 4 are shared, ie. only 3 voices of polyphony.

But just realized the DVCOs all have indiouts! I know its obvious but having all DVCOs on their own outputs is actually a big deal for me, and will make the pain of A4 mk I not having them much more manageable. I always thought using A4 and rytm in tandem gets me the most mileage, and that synergy now got even better :nyan:

1 Like

I assume it is because those are the only voices with 2 vco’s that support the machine params

I need to record some stuff before I roll the dice upgrading but I’ve been hanging for DVCO, can’t wait.

Thank you Elektron the dual vco has monster bass and it was the true alternative to the 808 I was looking for. Keep them coming.

3 Likes

You using the DVCO for 808 kicks? hmm, gotta try that thx

EDIT: Whoa dude! The DVCO makes some nastya55 kicks!!

4 Likes

mmm… total groet :smile_cat:

2 Likes