DT's paint resiliency to PL-2 Lid

I remember hearing about the plastic lids damaging the paint on the corners of A4’s, OT’s, RYTM’s etc. Has anyone been using the plastic lid with their DT, and noticed any paint damage? I’m interested in using one with the new case/bag being advertised by Elektron, but would rather not if it damages the paint.

Take the lid on and off on a daily basis, no scuff marks so far.

2 Likes

Same here.
Besides I transport it in a Thomann prod. bag regularly so it’s submitted to a bit of pressure.
Not a scratch.

2 Likes

I think the scuffing on mk1’s might come from packing and carying them around in bags and whatnot with the lids on. My OT and Rytm have had the pl-2’s on and off for several years in the studio, no scuffs, but I use the original boxes when moving around…

1 Like

Use the lid for my digitakt 3 week transport every day in the elektron bag. Digitakt paint damaged at the four corner and a bit at other plce. I think this system is perfect for silver face machine, but inevitabily damage painted ones.long time ago i had an a4 faceplate change for the exact same reason. Will definitely try it and argue thats it not normal before the end of digitakt warranty.

2 Likes

My lid comes on and off multiple times a day. At least once a week I put a rubber band around the unit & lid and chuck it into a back pack and take it to gigs. Last week, I carted it around like this all the way to Berlin, three days around Funkhaus, and back.

Not a scratch on the Digitakt’s finish.

5 Likes