DT zoom on sample start and end?

So I’m not asking about the zoom on the sampling page… I’m asking about zoom on the sample edit page. When I assign a long sample to a pad, I’d like to zoom in and and see where I’m starting the sample playback or loop point. Is this feature there and I just havent discovered it yet?

1 Like

It’s not there. Would be difficult to add controls for that, as the encoders in that page are used for other parameters…
I suppose that it could be possible to add just passive little zoom windows while tweaking, but how would you choose the zoom level?

Using the buttons, I’d guess? Up/down buttons and automatically is applied to where the cursor is?

I don’t have a DT but that’s the only way I could see it being applied provided those buttons don’t already have a use.

Even then, utilization of this doesn’t seem likely

Yeah I was playing with a long 33s vocal sample from a movie last night, and p-locking start and len to grab different phrases from it for different parts of the track. It’s nice seeing the waveform but without zooming you’re reduced to basically playing it through, tweaking, playing it through, tweaking,… I guess what I could have done is slice up the sample on the computer and transfer it over or save out different samples from the record buffer, but where’s the fun in that?

3 Likes

To add to this, is it not possible to chop a sample from my own sample library? I only see the chop option in the record menu.

2 Likes

Yeah this definitely needs to be added. If you are layering samples you need this for phase corrections weird they omitted this. My suggestion to Elektron, hold down function on the sample page and then move the up arrow to zoom in and down arrow to zoom out. Easy!

9 Likes

For zooming in and out and chopping samples I loaded from my own sample library I found resampling an option. Not the best solution but doable.

Please add this function. Long samples that need specific start points are almost useless

1 Like

+1 for waveform zoom!

2 Likes

You’re better off putting this in the DT feature request thread

Any news on that ?
It’s so painfull to not be able to do this on breaks

Also is it doable on the rytm mk2 ?

Func + up / down = zoom around the playhead seems like a cool way to implement it!

An option to send the sample back to audio editor would be cool as well. Quicker than resampling.

4 Likes

This has been on the cards for sometime… Hopefully one day :slight_smile:

18 Likes

up elektron Ill buy when upgraded to a nice zoom

Zoom on the sample page would make so much sense, considering you can have samples of 32 seconds in length. For sure it would save me a lot of time!

Sending it to the audio editor to chop it up would also be nice.

Please put a zoom and slice mode…

1 Like

This is exactly how I hope they implement it.

There’s no need to see the same options in the top four encoders in both source menus, in the waveform view it should just be the scroll/zoom functions from the audio sampler, when function is pressed maybe even.

1 Like

if zooming is not possible we should have a preview sound for the trigs ! so zooming will be less important (zooming with the ear) and that will be usefull to set the trigs tune too. (sorry for the globish)

1 Like