DSI Tempest

I just checked and I was able to get on the tempest forum at prophet5.org but I am already a registered member.

I know I was a bit harsh earlier but Iā€™m getting a feel for it now. The sequencer is great. Really intuitive and fun to use. Juggling through 16 beats mode with the pads, roll, reverse and the real time fx sliders is bloody marvelous craic. Iā€™ll set up some individual outs into the A4 fx later. Exactly what this thing needs, some deep splashes of verb and delay. Looking forward to sculpting a few of my own sounds. As has been noted the synth engine is deep and sounds very capable. I like the work flow as well. Seems logical and well thought out. Pity the sequencer has to stop to load a new project. Or is there something Iā€™m doing wrong there??

Hi thanks for that. Iā€™ve tried:

disforum.org
prophet08.org
prophet5.org

They all appear to lead to the same forum. My problem is that I cannot even get to the registration page. I get the aforementioned error every time I click the register button. I can see that Pym is the moderator on there but I cannot PM him as I am not a member :sob:

I know it might be asking a lot but any chance you might PM him on my behalf ?? Maybe ask him for an email address than I can contact him at to get registered ??? Iā€™d be super stoked if you could. If not, no bother. Iā€™ll keep trying anyhow :+1:

I logged out and tried the registration link and I get the same error you mentioned. I logged back in and sent pym a PM that the was a new owner trying to register but could not do to the link error.

I will let you know if I hear anything.

Cheers

1 Like

Thank you very much. I am much obliged. :+1:

tempest is also on my wishlist. 140 euro cheaper @ juno you say, but does it come with a 3y warranty as it does with thomann ?

anyway from my own pre-purchase investigations it seems to be accepted wisdom that you use the multi-outs for individual parts, and the master out for the few parts you wish to distort/compress.

this should probably (if not vastly) improve your relationship with the built in distortion :slight_smile: , maybe you still wonā€™t like it, but it should definitely be better than running all parts through a single distortion/compression setting.

yea the sequencer has to stop to load a project. its something that is a mistake since its so posed to be more of a live instruments. having to stop while playing live is so silly, i have to make my live set up around this.
and those demos are horrible i deleted em all. its taken months to come up with sounds i like. While i too like the tempest I think it suffers from critical flaws.
I am hoping electrons new machine is a analog drum synth with enough synth abilities to handle techno leads, then i wonā€™t use tempest. on a side note I find it funny that their are about 4 tempest on my local craigslist at any time.

Hi thanks for that. Iā€™ve tried:

disforum.org
prophet08.org
prophet5.org

They all appear to lead to the same forum. My problem is that I cannot even get to the registration page. I get the aforementioned error every time I click the register button. I can see that Pym is the moderator on there but I cannot PM him as I am not a member :sob:

I know it might be asking a lot but any chance you might PM him on my behalf ?? Maybe ask him for an email address than I can contact him at to get registered ??? Iā€™d be super stoked if you could. If not, no bother. Iā€™ll keep trying anyhow :+1:

[/quote]
I started a thread on the Tempest forum about this. Hopefully it will get someones attention. Registered users who try to access their profile also get the same error.
http://dsiforum.org/viewtopic.php?p=41491#41491

yea the sequencer has to stop to load a project. its something that is a mistake since its so posed to be more of a live instruments. having to stop while playing live is so silly, i have to make my live set up around this.
and those demos are horrible i deleted em all. its taken months to come up with sounds i like. While i too like the tempest I think it suffers from critical flaws.
I am hoping electrons new machine is a analog drum synth with enough synth abilities to handle techno leads, then i wonā€™t use tempest. on a side note I find it funny that their are about 4 tempest on my local craigslist at any time.[/quote]
You can get quite some milage out of 1 project. You have 16 patterns with each 32 sounds. With clever mute/unmute you can get about 1 track per pattern. Donā€™t know how long your set should be but its quite possible to fill over 1 hour with 1 project

not sure if youā€™ve seen baseckā€™s videos w/the tempestā€¦ he crushes it pretty hardā€¦ perhaps not everyoneā€™s fav style of music but he has some skills (is a wicked battle style DJ as well but thatā€™s another story)

anywayā€¦ gives you an idea of realtime performance possibilities and thereā€™s bassā€¦

I am hoping electrons new machine is a analog drum synth with enough synth abilities to handle techno leads, then i wonā€™t use tempest. on a side note I find it funny that their are about 4 tempest on my local craigslist at any time.[/quote]
You can get quite some milage out of 1 project. You have 16 patterns with each 32 sounds. With clever mute/unmute you can get about 1 track per pattern. Donā€™t know how long your set should be but its quite possible to fill over 1 hour with 1 project[/quote]
Yeah I know I often make one track out of a 2bar loop, with the tempest controls you can get tons of variation that way. however i am using other gear with the tempest and canā€™t always devote all my attention to just the tempest. so having a different project per a few tracks is super useful. honestly mandatory for structure and concistency. their is also a super cool feature of doing beat wide FX changes and being able to just copy that other to another pad. its a great way to make the different parts of song structure.

I have one and after getting rid of the horrible presets, I love it ā€¦ goes very well with the elektron gear and it is (sorry my fellow elektronauts) way easier to master;) ā€¦ but it took us a while to become friends ā€¦ tried it a few times in the shop and didnā€™t like it, until I got the chance to sit down with it for a while ā€¦

This

Gas has been riding for a try of this lately. Damn wish I could try one. Might see if I can get a 30 days no questions return from dv247 who are the only ones I seen with it in stock.

AFTER I check what exactly elektrons saying this weekend.

I read somewhere that even though it has a poly-synthpart, you canā€™t record polyphonic sequences on it? Is this true?

True. No polyphonic sequencing.

True. No polyphonic sequencing. [/quote]
Iā€™m assuming this will be true also for the fabled A4 poly. Iā€™m sure You will be able to sequence from elsewhere tho like any sound module.

Correct that you can not REC poly into the sequencer at this time the way you should be able to. but you can manually enter poly into the ā€œeventsā€ menu by assigning the same sound to more then one pad.

1 Like

Anybody no if external sequencing is gonna happen? Maybe its not even possible (some how) keen on pulling the trigā€¦ Slightly put off by people still moaning about unfinished jobs elsewhere (mainly un finished midi)

When I was in the market for a drum machine I eventuly bought a MD UW and a friend bought the tempest.

After a wile I found the Tempest OS very frustrating, when trying to build a simple kit it really pissed me off to the point i knew i made the right choice getting a MD, even though my mate can get a usable kit built quick enough I was shocked to find that I couldnā€™t record filter tweaks, (or any knob movements) to the sequencer without assigning it to a slider first, this sorta kills the flow for me, maybe Iā€™m just to used to the elektron plock wayā€¦

I donā€™t want to bitch too much about it bcause it sounds absolutely massive I just donā€™t feel the love from DSIā€™s ā€œbuild it then ditch itā€ coustomer careā€¦

http://boilerroom.tv/karenn-live-in-the-boiler_room/