Prophet X from Sequential

Mimicking a Prophet VS

1 Like

Hello everybody,

No more pro/cons about Prophet X ?
I know, Astrolab, Governor silver, have given us some good examples of the Prophet inside, is anyone else has receive it !!?

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

:clap:

1 Like

No samples this time ^^

2 Likes

Prophet XL

Cute with the name XL extra large.

I notice also in tribute to you v00d00ppl, the article says – “Official details are to be annou0nced”.)

So what will the price be on this?

Good that they’re adding new features to the regular ‘X’ as well. Be interesting to see what those are.

But 32 voices is really gnarly.

1 Like

Price will be announced in a bit. Maybe add another 700-1000US?

I bet it’s more than that, we’ll see.
This is Sequential (aka DSI). The price for more keys is one thing, but the hardware for 32 voices is probably the big expense.

Surprising that Sequential is acting so quickly to do a MkII of the PX – sure this leak is probably unintentional, but it can’t help sales. Sales must be good on the ‘X’.

ADDED: I am in error about the voices, see below.

1 Like

I’m not surprised that Sequential is reaching for a new pricetag. After Moog and Waldorf announced their specific flagship, this seems to be a logical step at this point. I guess this will be the peak for the market.
And another company will come with something new and exciting like Yamaha with their famous dx7 back then - blowing everything else from the market. History repeats

1 Like

It’s not actually offering more voices, it’s more like a different mode that will also come to the X.

1 Like

Correct.

“and existing Prophet X owners will not feel shortchanged”

Good, I don’t need 76 keys or the price that comes with the increased size.

The other thing i should have said above is these are piano action keys.

On another forum - obviously not posted by me:

The only real difference from the Prophet X is the 76-key TP8/Piano keybed instead of the original 61-key TP9/s. Otherwise it’s just new firmware that will be made available to owners of the earlier model. Both models should be available going forward to offer a choice of actions.

I had a chance to get some hands-on time a couple of weeks back, which came as a complete surprise at the time. There were a couple of other new features in the firmware I saw, as alluded to in the Sound on Sound article, so presumably Sequential will have a more complete announcement coming when they’re good and ready.

SOS article appears to be offline for now.

1 Like

I’ve never heard of a synth company posting a “don’t panic” notice in advance of a new product announcement, but who knows. Waiting until the XL is out, then including reassuring text of some sort is the more standard practice.

https://www.soundonsound.com/news/sequential-prophet-xl-announced

1 Like

Seems like a fair enough statement from Mr. Smith

$4,399

So that’s a lot less than what i thought, and even less than your calculation too.

Seems to me the XL gives an awful lot of extra for the $400, assuming you don’t mind the weighted key action and the slight increase in size, the XL would be a good choice.

1 Like

Crazy right? But not bad at all for a solid synth workstation. I’m tapped out of resources but shout outs to anyone getting the XL.

1 Like