DSI Rev2

It’s just a modulation source I think.

1 Like

I’m sure you can do it that way. Maybe assign to the wheel.

There is also a menu item called Initial Level in the Miscellaneous menu. You can just open it and leave it.

So, anybody using the REV2 degrader? Using it with @syntch-patches.com is sooo good. The degrader recently added gated sequencer editing and interpolation stuff. Really really amazing experimental tool, especially making it easy to basically tweak all zillion knobs, modulation sources, lfos etc.

2 Likes

And then do some gated sequencer P-locks.

1 Like

Hey has anybody overwritten the factory presets on their rev2 and if so how did you do it? There is a cryptic (to me) thread on seauentials forum where some prophet vets make it sound like 1) it can be done 2) it is done via sysex. But i cannot determine if the soundtower app is needed to do so? Let me know if you have insight. And i link the relevant thread.

Sam

https://forum.sequential.com/index.php?topic=2023.0

Ok one way to do it is in the “secret” debug menu:

While holding the UP and DOWN transpose buttons simultaneously, press GLOBAL.

From there, one option is to copy U to F, which means copying All user banks over all factory banks. Works for me!

11 Likes

just bought this after getting my rev2 yesterday - just want to say thank you because these are phenomenal! very oneohtrix point never score vibes!

FYI this person just released a set of similar patches for the MicroKorg. I didn’t see a dedicated thread for that synth, so I wasn’t sure where to post about it…

anyway, here they are:

2 Likes

Well, since this thread popped back up to the surface. I just received my new Rev2 a couple of days ago. It will never leave me again. :smiley: In fact, after having the Prologue 16 in the interim, I’m appreciating the keybed and aftertouch that much more. I absolutely love this synth. It also has the Sequential label now (which I like) :smiley:

I’ve nearly reconstructed all of my favorite patches from before now. I have a solid 10-15 patches that I like to just sit and play, or start others from, and those are now firmly in my user bank.

Started sequencing it with the Polyend Tracker too, which is fun, then playing over top.

6 Likes

Ive only had the Rev 2 a few months and i agree. The keybed is way better than the Nords I’ve owned. And i too have the Sequential Label lol.

2 Likes

i keep flip flopping between the Rev2 and a Prophet 6…

Rev2 brother…

4 Likes

I would be quite happy with either, but personally prefer the extra octave, splits, layers, 16 voices, four LFOs, three envelopes, etc. of the Rev2.

I wouldn’t mind having a non-effect high pass filter though :wink:

1 Like

If they were roughly the same price, it’d be a tough choice…

Felt the Prophet 6 was a bit of a luxury synth for me. I think it sounds gorgeous but the Rev2 (and a Prophet 08 before that) is the mainstay of my studio. I’d really struggle without it. Only the 8-voice configuration here but I’ve never felt the need for more with the music I make.

2 Likes

great patches. Very nostalgic. Microkorg was my first synth and I always liked the sound. The interface not so much :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i unfortunately don’t have the luxury of being able to try both and seeing which one i prefer. that said, i suppose i could buy a rev2, and if i don’t bond with it, there is always the 6…

16 voice makes more sense when using it bitimbrally.

I don’t know, I’ve got the 8 voice and it’s enough for me even on layered or splits. But I do have other synths.

1 Like

Yeah, it depends, I didn’t say it was needed, just that it makes more sense.
By the way, the bitimbral/split aspect of the REV2 must not be overlooked, it makes this synth really powerful.

Yeah. I agree that 16 voices does make more sense if the bi-timbral side of the Rev2 is key to your use of it. Personally, I’ve barely made use of either layers or splits. Maybe a couple of times for complex drones or monophonic patches, but far more often I can get all the depth I need from a single layer.

That said, the extra voices are relatively inexpensive so going for 16 is perfectly understandable if you have a use for them.