Drumbrute Impact/minibrute 2s vs Mother 32/DFAM

Which combo would you rather have? The Arturia for 700? (2s on sale for 399 and Impact for 299)

Or

The Moog combo at 1200 (600 each)?

Just curious what you think, 700 vs 1200 is a big price difference!

Can I go for option 3? Dfam and minibrute 2s. Dfam is all kinds of bonkers and the 2s is amazing.

3 Likes

dfam is very different from usual drum machines. So the comparison to the dbi is not really possible. completely different options and workflow.
For me DFAM is extremely fun with surprising results all the time.
Minibrute 2s has far more features than the m32. It clearly wins in this regard. And regarding these many features, it should be capable of many more different sounds. The sequencer is also much more powerful. But quality of sound? your ears have to judge. Never heard the minibrute2s in real life, but the mother32 sounds pretty gorgeous

1 Like

I find the brute sound to be vanilla at best, so my money is with the dudes from Ashville

I think this is what I’m choosing. Played with a DFAM for the first time ever today…holy moly is that thing amazing, and I’ve played almost every drum machine/synth that exists. I was a little underwhelmed with the mother 32, the sound and the features. I think the Minibrute 2s and DFAM win the day!

2 Likes

I get a bit bored of it. It sounds really nice, but there are not that many options to make it exciting
Dfam is unique