Drum n' Bass Battle #6 (CALL YOUR SHOTS!) - [Deadline JUNE 21st!] CLOSED - Playlist up!

Heres mine, definitely gonna make the effort this month, just gotten a maschine mk3 after having not had one for a few years so Im keen to get back into it,

3 Likes

Yeah, I just upgraded from Komplete Select to Standard. I need time to go through it all.

Yeah been toying with the upgrade route, summer of sound is just round the corner so I reckon if I’m gonna do it it’ll be then, hopefully they’ll be doing half price upgrades again…

1 Like

Check out the Andi Muller remix if you havent heard. Its epic.

1 Like

I saw Paradox live some years ago with Reid Speed. Great show!

2 Likes

Did you say Reid Speed? I love her. Her mixes from the 2010’s literally helped guide me through the darkest times.

2 Likes

Reid Speed is a queen! Love her : )

2 Likes

Whoo glad that thread provided some fodder for this challenge.

I’m in the middle of another track right now (and also don’t write DnB), but couldn’t resist sampling those claps to layer in with a snare sound.

I mean, how could you not sample those claps?!

2 Likes

Fun idea for a challenge. I’m posting probably my favorite northern soul bass line ever.

It’s sat in my +drive for years and I’ve never been able to make a good beat with it, so I’m curious to see if anyone else can do something with it.

There also that riser that shows up after the break around 2:43. Lots of stuff you could grab in this track.

2 Likes

It will be tough to get a usable sample out of this , but we’ll give it a try… :upside_down_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Maybe there is a drum break you can pull from this?

You know you aren’t locked in.

I originally picked a song called The Funky Drummer.

Nothing on it. Unusable.

3 Likes

not using the bass as a loop, but I’ve got bits of this in my SP-16. Going well. Thanks for posting this. Hell of a song!

2 Likes

I have leave for a week and a bit after today. Will finish off the song im working on and then jump onto this!

Hows everyone’s progress?

4 Likes

I had a strong start then lost my steam (adjusting to med dosage increase). I think I’ll have a chance this long weekend.

3 Likes

I’ve been sidetracked with Zelda - Tears of the Kingdom and starting some Bass learning with Scott’s Bass lessons. Time for me to knuckle down and create some magic. Fortunately I have some time off next week to play (catch up).

4 Likes

I got something working so will definitely submit this round.

3 Likes

I already have one submission. It’s looking like this is gonna be a fun one.

2 Likes

This time I will make it in time. I have a new system for getting shit done. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is a ‘I just submitted a track’ bump to get the thread seen :wink:
There’s a fair bit of time left to work on something and some great samples to work with here so why not have a go…I’ve set the bar pretty low (once agin) in terms of quality so no stress there.

2 Likes

Much appreciated!