404 - not (not) found [battle on the horizon]

I’m in!

Just to be clear - what’s meant by making the sample the “main element?” Is that up to creative interpretation? Can we use other samples?

1 Like

It’s up to you! All is welcome. I try to throw some guidance out there, but submit where it takes you.

(sshhh! don’t tell anyone that they don’t even need to follow the prompt, if you want to ignore the vote!)

1 Like

Thanks! I’d like to submit regularly if I can : ) I am sincerely not worried about “the drama.” lol

1 Like

Even if you can’t submit, you can still drop in!

Only those who submit get a counted vote, but you can still post your pics, and share some constructive and loving feedback.

I’m excited to hear what you make though!

So hope you find the time!

I won’t get into the details, but I’m on medical leave for the semester so I have loads of time and need to keep busy for my mental health : ) Making music again was highly recommended by my therapist.

1 Like

That’s perfect then.

There’s also

Which is great, because there is no voting. Just submit whatever.

And let me know if you need anything. You can bounce ideas and stuff off the thread if you want.

And you can disregard the “competition” aspect of the battle. It’s really just an excuse to produce music together, and to have a framework to share. The results actually don’t have too much impact.

Unless you are a musical killer, out for blood… then it’s war.

1 Like

@InTheAM

Here are some resources for you, or whoever, to help you along

Free Samples Vol.6 - Drum & Bass Sample Pack - Ghost Syndicate Audio

https://www.dnbsamples.co.uk/free-sample-packs

If this is therapeutic for you right now, I’d rather you have fun with this instead of taking it too seriously, so let me know if you get stuck or whatever, and we can see if we can “unjam” you jam.

Or if a track isn’t working out…. Just bail on it and try another one. Don’t get too caught up in the details.

3 Likes

Shit. You can post up just 8 bars if you want and I’ll add it to the playlist.

2 Likes

Thanks! DnB/Jungle was my first love in dance music : ) But I can always use more samples as I am primarily a sample based artist. And yea, I may drop you a draft via DM at some point if that is OK or are we doing that in-thread? I don’t care either way.

And yea, I’m just here for the fun aspect, if I rank via vote that’s just a bonus. Appreciate all the effort.

1 Like

Everyone can DM me for advice. If submitting for a vote, I think it’s fun to be anonymous and then have it revealed after the votes are in.

I’m no expert though, so I will try to help the best I can.

And this is an invite for everybody. Just to be fair.

Plus it makes me better interacting with other peoples productions.

1 Like

I should say. It’s really not representative of the quality of music if you get votes or not.

That’s a byproduct of keeping the votes to just those who submit. It always leans heavily towards just a few of the track.

Plus, I think posting votes in the thread might weigh the vote in favor of the lead.

But, it’s really not about that, so I’m not trying to change up that aspect.

I’m saying this just to temper expectations.

3 Likes

Cool cool. Yea, really no expectations here. It just sounds like a fun project. And yea, forgot about the anonymous aspect. I agree, I like the idea of listening then finding out which track belongs to each person.

2 Likes

Excited to join this battle :older_man: still haven’t finished listening to all the submissions from the last one!

1 Like

I was listening to the playlist from the last battle this morning and it got me keen to join this one.

As far as I can tell there’s no rules regarding gear, right? Just the stipulation about the found sound theme?

1 Like

Yeah it’s very open

1 Like

Yup. Any gear. Any sounds.

I also added you to the notification list for new battles.

Let me know if you have any questions!

@alexleigh83 @InTheAM

Just wanted to mention. When your done, just PM me the track. There is blind voting before the reveal.

2 Likes

Sorry.

In light of recent discussions, I’m taking a break from hosting.

Thank you for your interest and time!

3 Likes

I don’t know what happened but thank you for the robust organisation! It was well made and very fun. I understand it could be painful to manage that in the long run. Cheers

1 Like

I’m going to pick up after midterms, so at the beginning of next month, expect an announcement.

And thank you for the kind words. Be thankful you don’t know. Internet people can be nasty

5 Likes

404 - Drum and Bass Battle Not Found

3 Likes