Drum n' Bass Battle #2 (Arcade Edition) [WINNERS ANNOUNCED!]

1. #3, as i really enjoyed listening to this one in the car.
  2. #13, nice track.
  3. #14, enjoyed the vibe

great listening to these out walking the dog and then in the car, ice and fog adding the enjoyment.

4 Likes

Enjoying something in every single one of these. Currently whittling down 8 of my favourites to 3 but everyone should be proud of themselves with what they turned in.

Thanks again @BLKrbbt for doing these. I’ve been going through a tough time for a while and this is bringing back a little bit of fun and creativity into my life again :+1::+1:

6 Likes

Keep on doing what your doing fella, sometimes the beats will carry you through… :muscle::pray:

4 Likes

That’s a hell of a compliment, and the whole point of doing this.

Keep your head up!

2 Likes

Had absolutely 0 time to manage to be part of it, very sad :frowning:
But currently listening to submissions and I have to say there’s so much great stuff here! Big up all of you

5 Likes

Shout out to the track that used Monkey Island samples :smile: . One of the best point and click series ever

3 Likes

Check for the next one. I should have you saved for n a list so you should get a mention when I drop it.

It’s going to be a week after the NEXT hip hop battle is bounced, so probably this time next month.

Hope to see you there!

5 Likes

Right, really hard to choose as there’s a lot I like but I’ll be indecisive and procrastinate on it if I don’t do it now so here we go!

1st place - Track 2: Dirty-ty-ty. Screw face music. Dope synth lines. The arp melodies are crazy.
2nd place - Track 6: Hypnotising. Intricate. Really liked the slightly menacing vibe of this one.
3rd place - Track 11: Digging the pads A LOT. Reminds me a little of Mark Pritchard. Great work.

3 Likes

Track two was so close to making my top three, definitely shades of DJ krust with those off kilter arps… defo one of my favourite beats so far in this series

3 Likes

Ok I also need to grab some before I get too confused by awesomeness.

1st: 9. Really like the cavedwelling pre-boss vibe.
2nd: 11. Just makes me feel nice.

3rd: 14. Deeeeeeep

Love this forum and very happy I switched from my prior place that made me a bit sad and irritated.

3 Likes

D.o.a by any chance?

1 Like

I still love DOA. Its beautifully dysfunctional. I come here for the wholesome stuff.

3 Likes

You are nice!

1 Like

Haha no Im still on doa but Im just reading very specific stuff there. Why is it toxic? I meant a local forum. Im paranoid and dont wanna say which. They are everywhere :smiley:

1 Like

I think toxic is probably a bit harsh, just seemed like it all took itself too seriously for my tastes…

I much prefer the supportive friendly attitude here… :pray:

2 Likes

Well, it’s getting to the point to start tabulating votes.

It’s looking like some standouts already.

I’m looking to get this one put in the annuals at great producing.

The next one will be around this time next month.

I need a little time because my dumbass bought another fucking synth, WHICH I DONT NEED.

I need a break from loops and samples so I can make tracks from scratch.

But be ready. Because the next battle is gonna be thrilling! With some action and excitement!

1 Like

Yes I think I know what you mean. Sometimes almost posted wip tracks there for constructive criticism but felt too afraid of what the elite would think. Im just a tourist still.

Yo. Fuck all that.

2 Likes

It’s a terrible place to get constructive feedback lol. It’s more just dnb-themed shitposting.

2 Likes

Hehe, I never even made it that far, signed up, red a few posts then slammed the door on it :sweat_smile: