Drum n' Bass Battle #2 (Arcade Edition) [Playlist is up! SUBMISSIONS CLOSED!]

Well, I started back up at school, and this semester is all about coding CSS. Makes it hard to program drum machines after I get home. But the first week is almost over, and I can get into the groove ( literally!)

I think this weekend, Im only gonna make a buch of drum and bass tracks to post on this thread just to keep it active. Then work on a couple for the battle next week.

My M3 needs valve covers replaced, so no car for a couple days.

1 Like

Give me a shout if you want any feedback or advice on front end web development stuff. I’ve been doing it for 15 years and it’s a minefield to get into these days.

2 Likes

That’s so cool of you. I’m JUST starting out, and it’s for Digital Media Development degree at Chicago City Colleges.

I just gonna make stuff for myself since I cannot work. I’m a disabled veteran living on a medical pension for PTSD from Iraq. No need to try to work at a firm.

I really appreciate that though. If I ever get a site up, I’ll run it past you to see if you like it!

3 Likes

I’m definitely in. And I just know which game ost to plunder. Stay tuned :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That’s awesome man. I studied Digital Media Design for my degree too.

Always happy to help, even if it’s just “how the fuck does flexbox work” or something.

Sorry about the PTSD. Can’t even imagine what that’s like - respect for putting yourself out there and doing new things!

2 Likes

I’m having this exact same problem. I may do a couple tracks and see how the votes play out.

This time, if someone has multiple submissions, I’m gonna mix them in with all the tracks. That way all tracks are judged fairly

2 Likes

I really appreciate that. It’s taken years of therapy to get to this point, and it’s something I always have to manage.

It’s really simple to explain. Indirect fire made me jumpy and paranoid, and the Marine Corps made me much too aggressive. If I’m not careful, I’ll take on too much and the stress will make me want to fight.

So I just have to avoid situations that put me in stressful situations. Being at a job does not have that guarantee. So I’m live on a medical pension.

But guess what. I’d do it all again in a heartbeat. It was important to me.

8 Likes

This is the stuff that makes us who we are. To live us to experience pain and suffering - what’s important is choosing what you want to suffer for.

I grew up in a rough part of inner city London and got into a lot of shit. Even now, my life is totally different, but at the slightest hint of an aggressive situation my adrenaline goes through the roof and i can barely see straight. It’s taken years of work to be able to experience that sensation without losing control of myself. This is just to say I can possibly relate in some small way.

Also fuck jobs. Glad to hear you’re not burdened with that bullshit on top of everything else. Our society is malignant when it comes to work culture.

4 Likes

No, you got it. There’s war in the streets as well.

I think that’s why I love DnB so much. It’s like organized chaos!

4 Likes

Heres some inspiration!

Nice chill ambient tune from a Isometric JRPG feat. Mechs.

1 Like

And also a STRAIGHT BANGER!

1 Like

Last one!

2 Likes

Nice, the original motorstorm had a few bangers in the ost too, my fav was slam by pendulum :ok_hand: bit of missed opportunity on Sony’s part not to remaster the original for the ps4 imho…

1 Like

Should have something to submit for this one. Starting putting a tune together last night. Probably my third attempt at making something d&b/jungle and having loads of fun :raised_hands:

2 Likes

This tune.

2 Likes

Relevant:

2 Likes

That’s cool mate, I’ve had a listen to quite a bit of chiptune based dnb this last week, been a real eye-opening experience, it’s not the direction I’m taking but I’m looking forward to hearing what everyone cooks up👍

3 Likes

Excellent fella, get in :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

That’s a banger, really inspiring! I still have Front Mission 3 on my PSP via a PS1 emulator. Such an awesome game. In a way I prefer it to Armored Core as far as mech games go, it offered more freedom as opposed to the often very restrictive level design of Armored Core.

1 Like

This track turned audience to crazy beasts when I used to play this track almost 15 years ago !

3 Likes