Drum n' Bass Battle #2 (Arcade Edition) [Playlist is up! SUBMISSIONS CLOSED!]

I’m making the cut off at 2 pm Chicago time tomorrow.

That’s GMT minus 6.

3 Likes

I’m calling mine done and submitted. So many lessons from doing this. For one I really need to stop using laptop speakers for most of the process as when I plugged it into my speakers for the first time today it sounded completely different and so so bad. I’ve tried my best to do a little mixing and mastering but it probably sounds dense and fuzzy and maybe distorted… and not in a good way :grimacing:

Aaaanyway, looking forward to hearing what others have cooked up. And if anyone recognises the samples I’ve used I hope I haven’t done them a total disservice lol.

3 Likes

@looms

Well Im listening on a Bose Soundlink mini, and my table is vibrating… its sounds clean to me, and the Soundlink is bass-y.

1 Like

I got the idea for the next battle… and since we’ve been doing cartoons and video games… I think we need to all grow up a little for the next one…

Its time to get serious.

A week after the next Hip Hop Battle starts is when I am announcing the next DnB battle.

I wanna stagger them a bit.

4 Likes

@BLKrbbt Just sent you my entry via G-Drive. Spent the major part of today working on it because the month of January was hectic. One of these battles maybe I’ll actually be able to pace my work on an entry instead of cramming (although I’m really happy with how this one turned out).

2 Likes

I got it!

PM me the source for when i put up a thumbnail after the reveal.

Got mine pretty much done. Need to give my ears a rest and then one last listen before submitting. Didn’t end up using Drumlogue as I got swamped with other stuff.

1 Like

Always next time.

I managed to achieve my personal goal of making something even weirder than the last time.

Showed it to a friend and he said: “It feels like a fat man running too fast”, took that as a compliment and will be uploading shortly.

4 Likes
1 Like

I never gelled with the Pendulum sound (it actually made me stop listening to and producing d&b for a few years), but I like their sense of humour.

1 Like

I loved everything they did up to and including the Hold Your Colour album and hated everything after. That album was definitely the tipping point for their transition from dnb to pop-rock dnb, and I totally get why a lot of people hated it, because I hated their subsequent stuff for the same reason.

That album came out when I was 16 and at the time it was just the best thing ever. Still, could definitely do with never hearing Tarantula ever again.

Holy shit.

I just woke up and was rubbing my eyes reading this.

I thought you guys were talking about Pentatonix.

I was about ban everybody.

I hate them almost as much as I hate Caillou.

Tbf this is my fav pendulum track…

1 Like

Oh shiz… I remember this from Terravita at Shamballa… They played this… This was like 10 years ago, and I used that mix to get me out of alot of dark times…

2 Likes

No pressure tho :rofl::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Haha. He has a gun. That feels like pressure.

My piano lesson went long. Learning about 1st and 2nd inversions!

Just hitting the store then let the M3 boogie me on home.

Plus it takes a min to get everything up.

But don’t worry. We got bangers! I’m excited!

1 Like

Okay… Playlist is up! Lets GO!

Here is the new voting thread!

If you wouldn’t mind migrating over to here, and try to give the reason you voted the way you did!

Only those who submitted gets a vote that counts, but feel free to play along!