Drum n' Bass Battle #2 (Arcade Edition) [Playlist is up! SUBMISSIONS CLOSED!]

Sure, why not? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also This…

Sweet, missed the last one, gonna give this one a go. Gonna be fun!

1 Like

Genesis does what Nintendon’t. :smiley:

3 Likes

Might try and do this one in Logic Pro as I’m just starting to learn how to use it.
First challenge…capturing my audio samples from YouTube direct into Audacity or Logic Pro. I’m knee deep in Blackhole and Audio Midi Setup on the Mac…wish me luck, I may be gone for some time.

1 Like

Love to hear what you figure out as a Logic user myself… I usually record off my phone into the SP404

PlayStation ftw tho… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Works!
So, to sample straight into Logic Pro,

1. Download and install BlackHole 2ch to provide internal audio routing: BlackHole: Route Audio Between Apps

2. Open the Audio Midi Setup app on your Mac. You should see BlackHole listed as a device on the left…you don’t need to change it’s settings.

3. Create a new Multi-Output Device by selecting the + in the bottom left gf the app window.

4. In the new Multi-Output Device iMac Speaker should already be selected…select BlackHole too. Drift Correction was automatically ticked. Close Audio Midi Setup.

In Logic I added a new software instrument track and changed the instrument to Empty Quick Sampler and in the Channel Inspector opened the Q-Sampler view and selected Recorder. I then had to go into the main Logic Pro audio settings to modify the Input Device to be BlackHole 2ch. Back in the Quick Sampler view select input and choose Input 1-2.
With Record Start set to Threshold, start the YouTube video playing and it records straight into the Logic Pro Sampler :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Okay, that’s pretty dope.

I’m sure that info will help out a lot with anyone that needs it, as well.

We’re you able to use the beat you were talking about in the other thread?

I’m going in on this one!

1 Like

Cool topic! Just participated to my first game jam last weekend and made the music and sounds FX:

Mainly used the Digitakt to make some organic random ambiant stuff.

I might use same technic but adding DnB breaks this time :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks for tagging me @BLKrbbt, this sounds excellent! I’m in the middle of redecorating atm (and mostly covered in paint) so I’m gonna sit this one out but can’t wait to hear everyone’s entries :+1:

1 Like

Yeah, I’m going to keep a list, and add to anyone who posts on the thread. You will always get an invite when a battle goes up.

It’s pkay to sit them out if you’re busy! Just enjoy the tunes as they get posted!

EDIT: Also, the deadline is Feb 5th, so there is plenty of time in case you get done.

1 Like

If someone doesn’t make a break out of street fighter 2 punch noises I will be disappointed

3 Likes

The Street Fighter Pocket Operator has those sounds in them!

Sh!t, i forgot I got the megaman one too… i might just have to make something on those for the battle. I also bought a sample pack with 4bit breaks and gameboy samples…

2 Likes

Bonus points if you actually use a video game?

7 Likes

I am in now that my studio is setup and recording far easier for me. Plus I have the right toys for arcade beats.

1 Like

yup that is what I plan to use along with my OP-1 and Elektrons. I will probably record multiple tracks and mix in Logic.

1 Like

Don’t forget the A4 for those that have it!

Example from the magical powers of @sezare56

What a dope snare…

5 Likes