Drum fills diversity option

Im looking for options to diversify drum fills.
I heard of retrokits midi cable which enables to use a midi track to control an audio track. Have not tried as i don’t have such midi cable (yet).
The other option i was thinking of was to use an external midi trigger which could be programmed to do various fill patterns to control the drum tracks but what would be that machine (most cost effective)?
Cheers

First dive into conditional trigs, this can definitely help squeeze diversity and movement into a single pattern.

Midi loopback could also be helpful but it can be buggy. You do not need a special cable for it to work just hook the dt midi out into the dt midi in.

But really, conditional trigs will probably yield better results.

3 Likes

You can copy the same pattern to multiple slots w/ each slot containing a different FILL. Between that and conditional trigs will produce a good amount of diversity.

Another option is to copy/paste/reload within the same sequence to instantly change up the current pattern.

6 Likes

The Fill button is pretty useful. Remember you can assign both trigger and mute with Fill. Also, using µTime (nudge) you can effectively place them both on the same trigger.

2 Likes