Drowning in a sea of possibilities

Was introduced to this book through a composition course at university. One of the most succinct chapters on the power of limits, plus a lot more.

3 Likes

Bass players and especially guitar players aren’t save from gas either :slight_smile: I speak from experience

Yup, pedallllllls :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Today I watch this one :
https://www.groove3.com/josh-bess-webinar-series/Turning-Ideas-into-a-Song

This subject is very interesting but I never found one I like or one who gives very interesting tips and tricks.
Did someone have ever watch a good tutorial on the subject “Turning Ideas into a Song” I mean a PRO one with a great summarize organisation ?

Pay attention to teacher too : if they not already released so much music, if you don’t like what music they done, if you don’t even know the guy… maybe there’s already a warning inside :joy:

1 Like

and guitars, and basses and amps :wink:

3 Likes

Weirdly I don’t really gas for guitars or amps. Been happy with what I have for a few years now. Just drool over pedals. All of 'em :confused:

1 Like

me toooo :p/

1 Like

Pedals :thumbsup: … well … yes, but what is about the guitars?

For every tuning and mood of song a guitar … and there are so many brands, colors, pick-ups, shapes … and … and … :smiley: … just visit the next guitar shop and you know what I mean :wink:

2 Likes

i wanted to agree, that i’m also satisfied with my guitars for years, but then I remembered I bought two in the last 10 month :smirk:

1 Like

Watched this again yesterday, I think it’s very inspiring.
I know that he uses quite a bunch of modular gear now and I also think “The inheritors” is one of the greatest electronic LPs ever, but in those days, he created his first album mostly with cheap toys and a free software :slight_smile: I think his methods were very creative back then.

4 Likes

and the guitar is too quiet on this mix…really bro? :joy:

Thanks. yes i know that video. impressive Studio indeed :slight_smile:

…how many strings? :smirk::grin:

Me three

I love Nathan Fake. Some of the best jams I have on vinyl. This video is actually inspiring

3 Likes

All my gear is going in the rubbish bin.

3 Likes

I’m not sh*tting you. What if I told you this guy uses Making Waves (exclusively). He’s a friend of mine and a hell of a producer. But this is it. A $19 dollar music production software

http://www.makingwavessoftware.com/

2 Likes

I have another example. I guess this could go on and on :grinning:

2 Likes

I have a strong urge to sell my Dark Trinity(OT+A4+RYTM) for a DIGITAKT!! Life would be so much easier!!!

2 Likes

i have an urge to sell some digital euro modules and get a monomachine. But i don’t trust the urge, cause I know it will be different tomorrow, and again different the day after tomorrow :smile:

5 Likes