Drowning in a sea of possibilities

that might be true for many. for me, some of these expensive oscs you mention look more interesting on their own than many complete synths out there

yes they are all awesome, definitively

you sold it? did i got it right, because you said ā€˜hadā€™

Itā€™s simmering over just a little here and other users are getting distracted by it ā€¦ so, letā€™s do the disagreeing more agreeably etc (you know who you are), make it a pleasant thread and accept thereā€™ll be various perspectives :thup:

1 Like

Yeah sold my euro system a few years back

did I miss something? I donā€™t understandā€¦
ok, becuause of the modular talk?
I think itā€™s part of drowning in possibilties, but anyway. Back to topic.

you are right, back on topic

1 Like

yep, modular is an interesting topic, i guess we could start a new thread

I think there are already some available.

Iā€™ll dig in

much further up the thread some posts were flagged :thup:

Just wanted to say that I like this thread a lot. Didnā€™t expect so many answers. Very interesting :thup:

1 Like

ah ok. I see

1 Like

Carry on gents

II think there is also a linked subject which is ā€œmusical identityā€ and ā€œmusic genre quest to contribute with his own signatureā€

Itā€™s not something everyone will attach importance. Because there few known strategy and personal goals.

I think the sea of possibilities can be an issue to human characteristics and Also goals and strategy. But it CAN forge, help to find his own signature.

You just have to know who you are, how you workā€¦ because you are the first gear to know and it can take years to that and you change in Time which make things complicated.

Then some will tell you to know perfectly music genre history and study it. It CAN also make your goals more hard to reach if you put your expectations level to high/hard.

I know that very well.

With time, you CAN loose trust in yourself, canā€™t succeed in finishing tracks songs, forget the pleasure of the beginningā€¦ and you need to find a way to get this back. Pleasure, envy is The most important gear. Protect your hears itā€™s the most important tool.

Split your actions in different tasks regarding which part of your brain is required by it. Organise your Time to study new techniques, experiment, analyse new track you find amazing, mimic it for learning purpose it CAN lead you to personal tracks too. (40% of your time)

Make your tracks, your sound design, find melody who match bass idea, find bass who match chord progressions, take Time to find variations, transitions, idea for construction. Sometimes a loop with the good amount of modulations is not a bad things because sometimes you cant get a track from it and itā€™s ok. (Last 60%)

Be satisfied and proud of your music.
Or be a salesman and donā€™t be shame of your crap.
Or be the chest master capable of both side.

Itā€™s up to you. But the amount of gear and money you can spend will not gives you the answers to that. Itā€™s just an extension of your brain, mind, heart and emotions.

10 Likes

Oh William that was quite poetic and therapeutic, while at the same time quite hypnotic. Are you trying to take over our minds? :ecstatic:
Very well put sir :thup:

2 Likes

yes, that was a nice read :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have ā€œsome stuffā€ in my studio as well but I usually work with a reduced amount of synths / plugins in a certain phase of my productions. For instance at the moment I am working on a new techno liveset and EP where I only use my Analog Rytm and my Eurorack system. This is also due to transport reasons, I like to carry everything to a gig with my bike or by train. The last ambient album I made was recorded using Reaktor6, u-he repro-1 and my dsi pro2 synth. Nothing more. I like to dig deep into one synth or plugin and squeeze everything out of it. My problem is not GAS but the opposite: when I donĀ“t use something for a while I get very tempted to sell it.

Holding out for this to happen to the Rhythm Wolf

2 Likes

Iā€™m happy with my setup and once SE02 gets delivered Iā€™m pretty much done.
Only thing I will miss at that point will be a virus which I had twice and sold it when cash got short. Once I buy it will be my last pie

Just one moreā€¦ No, just two more! I swear!

1 Like