Drop in value?

Hi guys,

I’ve been thinking about copping a used RYTM this week but was worried that prices would drop substantially when the mkii comes out.

How do you guys feel about this? I’ve got one lined up at £800 should I go ahead or wait?

Peace

Look at the Prophet 08. Even with the Rev2 out and doing well the Prophet hasn’t seen a very large hit to it’s second hand value. A rock steady synth will hold it’s value, analog even more so.

*For the sake of comparison I’d say the 16voices and onboard effects are on pare with the sampling and additional controls.

I think that as long as there are new MK1 selling for cheap (which there doesn’t seem to be many right now), the used market will compete with these prices. MK1 owners selling in panic before upgrading to MK2.

But as soon as the “competition” is only brand new MK2 for around 1700 Euro, I think the used prices for MK1 will stabilize like on previous (before MK1 announcement) prices. Maybe around 850-900 Euro, which would be a bargain in comparison to the coming MK2 price.

Buy!

4 Likes

Looking at prices in Aus, they appear to have kept the mk1 AR & OT at the same price while bumping up the price for the mk2. Based on that, I don’t imagine the average 2nd hand price for the mk1 over here will be dropping by a significant amount any time soon.

1 Like

I just bought a new A4 for 890€ from a shop. wait, AR price will fall.

The A4 dropped in price in AU as well while Rytm stayed the same. I think the A4 doesn’t sell as well in general so shops are taking the opportunity to offload them before Mk2 comes

I think Elektron is actually pushing remaining inventory of A4 MK1 thru dealers.
AR mk1 will fall to 900€ IMHO

think of this: elektron will have a hard time getting these out before x man … but they will eventually manage …

then it will take AT LEAST 1 year … hence xmas 2018 / Jan 2019 for a few users to get rid of theirs …

so until MARCH 2018 I assume there wont be a lot of MK II toys out there on the second hand market. …

until that time MK I models will imho NOT fall in value … since demand will not fall (unless some other company releases some awesome stuff)

I d say: AR mk1 will be 900 - 950 euro
A4 mk1 will be 850 - 900 euro

once the MK II models will be 2 years old (year 2020 , damn that sounds like way more into the future than it actually is), then I predict AR 800 and A4 700 Euro …

factors not taken into consideration : WW4 , Tesla Neural Inteface, next generation only playing existing music on paulstretch at -800% speed, Alien Invasion … guess thats it … you heard it here first : D

3 Likes

That could be true. Just glad I picked up mine for $700 off, always wanted one but never had the splash

1 Like

Just like buying any other technology, if you can afford to wait (and can get by in the meantime), then you should!

2 Likes

A4 mk1 is already 890€ NEW also from online stores (thomann)

id say the used US market should be about 950$ to $1000 for a mint one. Sticker shock on the MKII with not that many new features that cant be remedied on the MK1 might keep the prices higher. Get the MK1 and SDS drop app for dropping samples to pads and youll be good for less money

all the shops in Europe are selling the A4 for 890€. I bought mine at the local shop and I’m quite sure it was there for a long time… then the price cut

Yeah you would think RYTM mk1 should follow suit and drop in price soon.

They have on the used market.
Already seen a couple for $800 and $850.
Makes me wish I had a need for two!

2 Likes

Yeah I was referring to the new ones.
Haven’t seen price drop yet like A4 anywhere?

Not yet. Though A4 being a much older product might have more to do with it? Who knows.

$700 second hand A4s, and $800 new are great values, though.

1 Like

Couldn’t imagine anyone paying full price for a new RYTM mk1 now.
May as well drop the new price now like the A4

Can one ever have enough rytms ?

Mduws seem to be dropping as well? I recal them going for 1000 no i see prices around 650-850.