+Drive Questions

Couple quick +Drive questions.

I purchased a used RYTM, and the previous owner had a number of folders with his own samples. First thing I did was a factory reset and then an empty reset and was surprised the samples were still there. Just wanted to confirm that this is proper and the +Drive is only affected by manually adding samples. Also is there any way to see how much free space you have left? I’ve been surprised how much I’ve already put on there. What happens when it fills up?? Thanks!!

If you go into the System -> Format +Drive you have the option to remove all the user samples if you like.

No, there’s no way to see how much free space is left.

When the +Drive is full it’s full I guess. I don’t think something bad will happen or anything like that.

since you’ve already loaded samples, I would just delete the unwanted ones. It’s pretty easy to delete all samples in a folder at once. Just a few button mashes really.

I hope they add +drive status soon.

Great guys thanks for the info! Really appreciate that. I use empty reset a lot, so just wanted to make sure that behaviour is consistent.

whats tough is to take the samples out of a current project to make room

How do you mean? Tough because you love them all and 128 sample slots isn’t enough?

Is there a way to purge unused samples loaded in a project. That would be handy.

Yeah you select them and go into the right menu and choose “unload”.

Yeah you select them and go into the right menu and choose “unload”. [/quote]
Oh yes, of course. I should be more clear. I’m thinking of Purge like in the MPC 2000XL sense. You have samples loaded to your 127 project slots. But only 50 of those are actually used in kits/patterns etc. Would be nice to have a “purge” option where any samples that aren’t used are unloaded. It’s not the easiest thing to double check back and forth to make sure samples are not used in your songs before they are unloaded. Hope that makes sense. Just a feature request I guess… No biggie. Not a complaint per say as a suggestion.

Oh yes, of course. I should be more clear. I’m thinking of Purge like in the MPC 2000XL sense. You have samples loaded to your 127 project slots. But only 50 of those are actually used in kits/patterns etc. Would be nice to have a “purge” option where any samples that aren’t used are unloaded. It’s not the easiest thing to double check back and forth to make sure samples are not used in your songs before they are unloaded. Hope that makes sense. Just a feature request I guess… No biggie. Not a complaint per say as a suggestion.[/quote]
Yes . +1 if not a hidden/ unknown feature already. Just makes sense.

Oh yes, of course. I should be more clear. I’m thinking of Purge like in the MPC 2000XL sense. You have samples loaded to your 127 project slots. But only 50 of those are actually used in kits/patterns etc. Would be nice to have a “purge” option where any samples that aren’t used are unloaded. It’s not the easiest thing to double check back and forth to make sure samples are not used in your songs before they are unloaded. Hope that makes sense. Just a feature request I guess… No biggie. Not a complaint per say as a suggestion.[/quote]
Purge would be nice. Check my answer in this thread, you can actually see which ones are being used in the sample pool list.
http://www.elektronauts.com/t/remove-unused-samples-from-project-pool/6233

1 Like

Purge would be nice. Check my answer in this thread, you can actually see which ones are being used in the sample pool list.
http://www.elektronauts.com/t/remove-unused-samples-from-project-pool/6233[/quote]
Great!!! Thanks!

Hi virtual_flannel

Let me know RYTM factory reset.

Please reply to me.

thanks.

You are wondering how to do a factory reset? Check the manual my friend! Unless I don’t understand your question.

2 Likes